Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New grower - dry curly leaves

Thanks

Default New grower - dry curly leaves

Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have 3 clones which I received a week ago. I have them under a 600 w hps which I gradually moved closer and it's about 2 feet away now.
    I have them in small pots filled with coco and clay pebbles. I started feeding them with 1/4 canna a/b nutes and spraying with vitalink foliar. I've been using water at ph 5.8. The last few feeds I have increased nutes to 3ml per litre.

The plants have started drooping and I've noticed some brown spots on leaves leaves also seem a bit dry. Here are some pics, I'd be grateful for any advice anyone can offer to get these back to a healthy state.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	107238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	107239

My temp is only 22c with lights on. Is this too cold? I have a small heater which I could put in tent to warm things up and maybe increase humidity?

Sorry about pics being upside down - I think this is a problem with the forum as they are the right way up on my computer - rotating them doesn't resolve this issue.

Thanks

Not an expert but PH may be a little low also I had the same issue when I moved clones under light that was to intense and had to move them farther away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterdawg For This Useful Post:

TentBoy (03-05-12)

Thanks

PH 5.8 shouldn't be a problem. Could you give a little more detail i.e. what generation the clones are and what type of space your growing in .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spooky For This Useful Post:

TentBoy (03-05-12)

Thanks

Not sure about the heritage of the clones. They're blue cheese though. Am using a ds120 tent, 6" extraction through cf, passive intake 4" and a 4" fan for circulation with a controller set to about half speed.
    I was going to put a heater in today with a tray of water to try and raise humidity.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,011 Times

Wtf my phones being gay as fuhhhk...
    Last edited by Mr Bloom; 03-05-12 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks

Mag def. Up your Ph to 6.0 and let it fall, then raise it, as keeping it at 5.8 your right at the bottom of the scale for Magnesium and Potassium.
    22* is a little cold - if that's your lights on temp what's your lights off?
    Get a temp and Rh meter.
    Last edited by Mr Bloom; 03-05-12 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks

Double post ftw lol.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,376 Times

I would say your PH is too low for soil it should be at 6.5 which is the sweet spot for soil growing.
    Also you may have over feed them a little they will have plenty of nutes in the soil.

I would give them a good flush with water at PH 6.5 & then re-pot them in to bigger pots with a mix of John Innes #2 & perlite & see how they go m8.

Have a look in here m8 they know their stuff I'm more of a hydro man but I hope this helps..

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...8-Soil-buddies

Sour Diesel & Exodus Cheese diary.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...am-Scrogger-UA

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,376 Times

Sorry just seen your in coco!!!

Thanks

humidity is to low best of bean around 60 to 70 i had same problem stick a bowl of water in ther if u can. when humidity is to low the leaves start to dry out give them plenty of water with no nutes just ph water

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast