Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Its a scream

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

it fucking rubbish there's no accounting for taste is there !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

with art you either love it or hate it..I think it's a magnificent piece of art

Looking for New Pastures

4. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

Icon Guest

UP2 did you google that?

LOLs yea thats the beauty of art and why i posted

Im not knocking it i just dont personally see it,
    But I have artwork that i have commissioned as a present for my wife and the artist has become quite well known
    Its at the menders at the moment but when its back i will get a pic of it up and you can pass judgement
    Its also in pastels which is the same medium as the one that sold for $120 mill.

Its very strange because I really do like certain art such as Rolf Harris I never understood why but a good friend who worked as an artist for a sign company who spent all day painting the signs that hang out side pubs explained it to me.... I was looking at a picture he had done of a night time scene and I said it looks really green and not like the real thing...He said if you want the real thing take a photograph but an artist does an interpretation, sometimes they are very accurate sometimes they are abstract thats what the scream is an interpretation.

Im liking it a little more now...but $120 mill its a lot of artistic license.

ATB
    Icon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (03-05-12)

Thanks

UP2 did you google that?
    what,the video?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

Icon Guest

Well you had one pic there in oils then it changed to the video as if by magic

Can you see they are different

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

I think Munch was onto something. I saw an exhibiton of his work at the National many years ago & there were at least four Screams on show. I don't know how many he did in total but they're all worth millions each. He was doing Warhol before Warhol was even born.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ganesha For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    Well you had one pic there in oils then it changed to the video as if by magic

Can you see they are different
    oh I just saw a few pics on images so just put up a pic..didn't know it was not the one that was being sold..lol but yeah you can see the difference

Icon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ganesha View Post
    I think Munch was onto something. I saw an exhibiton of his work at the National many years ago & there were at least four Screams on show. I don't know how many he did in total but they're all worth millions each. He was doing Warhol before Warhol was even born.
    lols we are pissed and stoned are we not
    The clue is in the 7th post ...there was 4 of them I believe

Its not uncommon in artwork for there to be a number of different ones but this takes it to another level.
    often artists have a preferred subject or model and poses and they can be replicated in many similar pieces of work to a lesser or greater extent.
    Im no expert on art Im like you lot and know what I like but im not afraid to speak my mind as Im as much an expert as any one when it comes to opinion

ATB
    Icon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Ganesha (03-05-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2