Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: heat problem, or maybe not!!!!

Keeno Guest

Default heat problem, or maybe not!!!!

hello all.
    new here first grow, though id start off easy and do some autos, but over done the germing and cooked them in a heated propagator

1 afghan kush ryder has come up out of 7. i had it under a 200w cfl as i was waiting for my 600w to get here. progress was very slow, nothing really happened for over a week, just sat there looking miserable. temperature was good. but nothing.

however, now my 600w has arrived. plugged the bad boy in and wtf!!! im not joking when i say that it is growing at a ridiculous rate, 48 hours in and the thing has shot up by over an inch! there are leaves forming all over the place!

but the problem is the temperature, its stuck at 31 c. i have a 120x80x180 grow tent, phatt filter. 5 inch acoustic exhaust fan with silencer, and a 4 inch intake fan. the problem is im at the end of my budget, i know the temp is too high, but to be honest the little fella seems to be thriving, i mist him 4 times a day, and seems to be fine.

so...... is the temp really a problem, if so please help!!!!!

Keeno Guest

and just to add, just got some barneys farm blue chesse and pineapple chunk so they will be joining him soon enough!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,250 Times

hi keeno 31 ain't ideal bud but it should't kill it imo.if it's growing well at the moment then let it get on with it bud. but with the summer fast approaching your 31c could rise to 41c. ouch!!! and then you got real headaches and problems.all the best
    grow mango haze.and save a fortune on nutrients.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,723 Times

Talpa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keeno View Post
    and just to add, just got some barneys farm blue chesse and pineapple chunk so they will be joining him soon enough!
    Hope you get a better pheno than I did of the BC. It was all leaf and little bud.

Keeno Guest

i got 2 x 4 inch fans blowing on the little fella, so should be keeping him cool enough, i hope!

i dont get it, i done all my research and only bought the best stuff and equipment.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Removing the silencer will probably increase the air flow and so reduce the temperature.

In the longer term, I think you'll need a different fan because temperatures in the summer are likely to be higher.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

bud_alzir (03-05-12)

Keeno Guest

what about if i stick a air conditioner in the room??? its a big one

Keeno Guest

not the grow tent the room, but have the output facing my intake fan

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by keeno View Post
    what about if i stick a air conditioner in the room??? its a big one
    Yes, it probably will. But they certainly aren't cheap to run.

The in-grow temperature is really only dependent on three things: The incoming air temperature, the lamp Wattage, and the air flow.

For a given lamp Wattage and air flow, the temperature will end up being a particular amount above the ambient temperature. As the ambient temperature rises and falls, so will the in-grow temperature, and by the same amount.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

bud_alzir (03-05-12)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast