Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question About "Rate This Thread" Feature

Thanks

Default Question About "Rate This Thread" Feature

OK guys so Im currently working on my first grow and posting up pics and info on how Im getting on (Link in my sig)

A few days back I was updating and I noticed the "Rate This Thread" button so I pressed it and gave myself 5 stars, cos obviously I think my thread is wonderful lol. Today, I log on and notice my rating has gone down to 3. Now I was not brilliant at maths at school but im bright enough to realise that if the average is 3 and I voted 5, then somebody has voted my thread as Terrible!!!

To say Im a little annoyed is an understatement. Surely my thread is not that bad (have a look for yourselves, and feedback would be appreicated, even negative stuff as long as its constructive), and im making a lot of mistakes because its my first grow, but surely the goal of this forum is share knowledge etc. Surely a grow diary with some mistakes is actually more benficial to the community, as others can see how others tackle problems.

What Id like to know is it possible to find out who voted my thread terrible, in order to get some feedback as to why they thought that? At the end of the day I have a feeling that the rating was left by someone who just jealous of my work anyway.

I think it might be a good idea to introduce a system where by people have to write a reason for why they left the rating they did, and for the reasons to be viewable by everyone? Not sure if this is really viable, as it obviously means altering the code of the whole website, but just a thought.....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PC Grower For This Useful Post:

captianzanax (06-05-12), Mr Bloom (04-05-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,723 Times

Thanks

yeah lol, cant believe im getting so uptight about it lol, but im really quite annoyed...

I absolutely love this forum, I have found out so much about how to grow, and thought it would be payback to tell people how im doing, and how I tackle the probs im faced with. Iv had some reaaly good positive feedback from members (Curious Kitty, Dreamgreen) saying they sub my thread cos its so informative and they wanna do something similiar!!!!

Surely thats what the forums all about? I know iv made some mistakes in my grow, but surely this site exists to communicate and share, not to rate as Terrible!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,723 Times

I know the feeling mate, I could go on a big ass rant now but I wont

6. The Following User Says Thank You to L For This Useful Post:

PC Grower (04-05-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,011 Times

Quote Originally Posted by PC Grower View Post
    A few days back I was updating and I noticed the "Rate This Thread" button so I pressed it and gave myself 5 stars, cos obviously I think my thread is wonderful lol. Today, I log on and notice my rating has gone down to 3.
    To say Im a little annoyed is an understatement.

That made me laugh so hard.

I'm sorry.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Bloom For This Useful Post:

tricone (04-05-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bloom View Post
    That made me laugh so hard.

I'm sorry.
    Prick!!!!!

Thanks

Wow, that's a bit harsh.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tinytoker For This Useful Post:

Mr Bloom (04-05-12)

Thanks

That's ok...I'm gonna go vote on his thread lmao.
    Maybe that's how he spoke to someone else, that's why he got the vote in the first place?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinytoker View Post
    Wow, that's a bit harsh.
    Sorry but Im not a fan of Mr.Bloom. Anybody that puts "Press the thanks button for free weed" in his sig deserves to know what he is....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PC Grower View Post
    Sorry but Im not a fan of Mr.Bloom. Anybody that puts "Press the thanks button for free weed" in his sig deserves to know what he is....
    Yeh - funny..it's called a joke, a laugh, humour..you gotta be a bit of a fucktard to think it's real. not that you can't 'remove your thanks' when your free weed doesn't arrive.

I was trying to lighten the mood, not my problem you've got the 'ump mate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast