Hi, I am new to the forum. I've been browsing these forums for a while now and picked up lots of useful info, however I have been having problems the last 3 months or so. Had a couple successful soil grows, but on my last soil run I began having problems with stunted growth, pale green leaves and necrosis. I assumed it was a N problem, tried the flush & replenish to no avail. I removed the plants from my closet, gave them to a friend and since moving them out of my space they have bounced back. I had switched from CFLs to a Blackstar 240w LED Panel, and the problems began soon after (not blaming the LEDS but I am becoming suspicious). My soil issues prompted me to learn more about hydroponics. I have a "Bubbleponics"/ DWC 8 site system I recently put together. I was worried about light leaking through the res causing algae, so I gave it 2 coats of black krylon and 1 coat of white. I am growing Querkle from TGA Subcool. They are from seeds that I bred myself from 1st gen M and F Querkle plants. I had 100% germ of 10 seeds in rockwool, so 8 got selected and put into the system. I had some issues at first with the feeding tubes, and they got removed soon after roots hit the water. The res is a 20gal rubbermaid, filled with about 13 gal of water. The 3.75 in net pots sit about 1 inch above water level, and get splashed by the bubbles. I am running Dyna-Gro nutrients, using tap water with a base of 87ppm. Began at about 150ppm and moved it up to 335ppm after first noticing pale leaves and again assuming it was a N problem. Now the plants are 3 weeks old and the lower leaves are beginning to die off. New growth is pale green. I upped the nutrients to 4ml/gal pro-tekt, 5ml/gal Grow 7-9-5 and .5ml/gal Mag-Pro 2-15-4 bringing me to 630ppm. My PH is pretty much kept on target, slowly drifting from 5.7ish to 6.8 every other day, but I am using liquid tester so I'm sure it is not as accurate as a digital meter. There are plenty of bubbles coming from the 2 Double XL Micro Pore diffusers, and a more powerful 38l/h air pump is on the way. My res temps stay steady at around 70f.

Is it possible that the Blackstar LED Panel is causing me problems? It has never been this hard for me to achieve nice, deep green growth in Veg but since switching to LED I have began having these issues. There is also Mold growing on the rockwool, even though the Humidity of the closet never goes above 50%. Closet temp is 75f on average. Some of the mold is slimy and green and some is fuzzy and white. I have a mild bleach solution similar to clean-rez that I use to keep root algae at bay but this seems to do nothing about the mold growing on top of the rockwool. The constant bubbles keep the RW moist, but not as wet as the feeding tubes did.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	107458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-4.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	107459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-5.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	107460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-7.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	107461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-11.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	107462