Thread: both cotyledons snapped

Thanks

Default both cotyledons snapped

I have another post, not getting the answer I really am after, so started this post. I planted a germinated seed, both cotyledons came off by accident, leaving the stalk with 2 very tiny looking stalk things out of the soil, that are white. I have it in moist soil, in sunlight with plenty of air. Without cotyledons, surely this means there will be no photosynthesis going on, and therefore the plant wont grow? I am patient, and will wait and see what happens, but dont want to keep taking a look at a plantpot each day that isnt going to do anything lol. Has this happened to anyone before, can growth still happen?
    Growing auto turbo diesel, going to be an outdoors grow assuming it does grow.
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

can anyone help?

Icon Guest

Ive never had the problem so all you can do is give it every chance mate I think it will be ok but it depends if theres any other danage

Dont give up on it till you are 100% certain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

stonedpixie (05-05-12)

Thanks

thankyou, no other damage at all, just purely the cotyledons snapped off, but like i say, there is a tiny bit of both left, well, not sure if its the cotyledons, or the first true leaves that are inside the cotyledons, either way, they are sticking up, will be monitoring it, fingers crossed im not sure how to do a thankyou on the posts, but thankyou

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

if you don,t get leaves coming through in next few days then bin it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

stonedpixie (05-05-12)

Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion!
    Thanks

Good luck mate, I think it can survive

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dougthehead For This Useful Post:

stonedpixie (05-05-12)

Thanks

can you explain how it can survive without the cotyledons? i thought they were necessary to get light into the root, and therefore get growing? i wish i could upload a pic so can show exactly what i mean lol, but its where the main stalk comes up out of the soil, with two tiny things that seperate coming from it, its under light now, so its not going to get cold outside, really hope it does survive and grow, its bending a bit, so have soil compacted round the sides of it to support it