Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting started with Hempy?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,365 Times

Default Getting started with Hempy?

I am interested in having a go at a Hempy grow in my 12/12 cab.
    As it is a bit of a stealth grow I only plan on using 2l bottles with the tops cut off and then taped up. Then a mix of Perlite/Vermiculite 3/1.
    I am generally available to visit my plants every day so watering wouldn't be an issue.
    First off would this work.

If you think it will work can you recommend any suitable nutrients that can be bought in a garden centre / B&Q type place.
    There is a couple of hydro shops near me but one is run by a bloke I kinda know, I really do not want him to have any clues that I am growing. The other I have visited but felt as if the bloke was really prying for information and made me uncomfortable as if it was a sting operation. Probably paranoia but ...

Anyway as said if there is anything I can just get over a normal counter it would be a lot easier.

Then do I have to start the plants off in Rockwall or could a plant be started in a small soil pot and then into the hempy? I ask because I have a very small seedling that could go in straight away.

Cheers for any advice.

TC-UP

Thanks

Anyone with Hempy experience able to help?

TC-UP

MrMojorising Guest

im doing a hempy grow,not sure about the nutes from a garden centre as you need hydro nutes
    so you plan to just use a 2l bottle??
    if space is an issue just get a cheapy plastic watering can,they hold around 6 litres.
    there quite slim compared to a bucket
    sure you could just cut the top a bit to suit your needs.

i went for perlite\vermiculite with a layer of lava rock at the bottom.
    you can go for coco\clay balls
    or just perlite.

im using GHE nutes using the lucas formula (8ml micro-16ml bloom+=gallon )
    keep your water ph at 5.8

for young seedlings\cuttings use half strength nutes.
    using an airstone at the bottom seems to produce nice results.

i feed every 3 days
    you can give them organic teas of EWC or bat poo
    i do this every 3rd feed

it really is a good way of growing and im about to start another couple of them.
    Attachment 109300psychosis in a hempy
    Last edited by MrMojorising; 14-05-12 at 06:42 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMojorising For This Useful Post:

TC-UP (14-05-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,223 Times

I've tried a hempy with tomorite after I read that you could use soil or hydro nutes, but to be honest it wasn't that great... Still got bud at the end, just not huge amounts and the plants suffered deficiencies and looked gnarly throughout.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

My (finished 2011) poly greenhouse auto diary:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1068811588
    My (finished 2011/12) G13 x Lavender giveaway grow:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1068934441
    My (shit, failed, finished 2012) last ditch Guerilla effort: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069220259

6. The Following User Says Thank You to timothio For This Useful Post:

TC-UP (14-05-12)

Thanks

Cheers for the replies guys.
    I guess I will have to take a trip to the next town and get some proper nutes.
    Any recommendations for simple to use ones that are reasonably priced?

TC-UP

Thanks

Okay as impatient as I am I have bought a litre each of Ionic Grow and Bloom, popped a couple of Purple Maroc seeds into some rockwall with some stuff called Root-IT that is supposed to be very good for germinating and feeding seedlings in rockwall for the first couple of weeks.
    I guess I will have to get a bit of vermiculite and get ready to hempy 12/12 style.

TC-UP

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TC-UP For This Useful Post:

timothio (14-05-12)

Thanks

I now have a couple of seedlings just about to break the surface of the Rockwall plugs. At the moment they are sitting in the plugs on a plastic tray that has a clear cover. Something like the Sushi trays you get in supermarkets.

How long do I leave them before putting them into my hempy's?

I am assuming that I would be best just giving them water mixed with a bit of this Root-IT for a while?

TC-UP

Thanks

Anyone?

TC-UP

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,965 Times

I germed a seed in vermiculite in a seedling 1" square tray.
    (looked lonely) Hehe
    I then put it straight into the hempy pot when 3rd set of visible leaves showed.
    I used perlite 70% vermiculite 30% with a 2" deep 100% perlite res.
    About 8L pot = 3oz 18g ish. Was well chuffed.

I used canna aqua vega and Flores with monster bloom and big bud as additives and a few extras as well.
    (I entered one into the April )
    It's at the beginning of my current diary I think. The TD was germed in the vermiculite.
    If you want a link I'll add one.

You will be pissed that you used vermiculite and not coco as I found I've knocked off atleast a week in the veg maybe 10 days.
    Good luck with it all as it's the easiest hydro method I think.
    Green mojos.

Thanks

Cheers Alzy, using this grow as a way of learning hempy.
    I going to start two 2l pots off in my 12/12 groom, both are Purple Maroc. I might leave one in the 2l on 12/12 and am considering pitting the other up into a 25l bucket out in the greenhouse. Might try coco in that.

TC-UP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast