Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Growing with reptile light (UVB)

Thanks

Lightbulb Growing with reptile light (UVB)

Hey Guys! First time grower here! After doing a lot of researching on the net I noticed that UVB helps cannabis plants make thc. Reptile lamps give out UVB and other recommended lights don't! So I thought I'd give it a go and let the world of my good friends the stoners my findings! so its a Big Buddha's Cheese plant about 3 weeks in now and she seems to be good and strong! Will upload a pic now for you and let u know how I get on!

Thanks

Thanks

was starting to worry as my baby started growing with deformed leaves above the baby leaves. but nice 3 prong leaves starting to grow through and looking very healthy to me! I have no fan as of yet but will be getting one soon. should probably give you some facts on the light too! its a 100W Reptile light that emits UVB rays but not a rate that it is to intense for the plant. so far i would say that its doing its job well and growing at a good rate! hopefully my little experiment works out! but if not at least some one has tryed and let u guys know the facts.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

What watt of light is it??? The higher the better.... Any chance you can get a 125/250 w cfl grow light????.......good luck on your venture

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

You need more then a UVB bulb m8,
    UVB is dangerous to living cells within the plant & in small doses can increase THC levels in flowering due to the fact that the plant creates THC to defend itself against UV (THC is very UV absorbent) so all you are really doing is causing the plant to stretch to get the light spectrums IE blue through to red (thats why your seedling is so tall) that your ultraviolet bulb isnt really pumping out so really you are depriving the plant of certain spectral colours it will need to be able to grow healthily and im quite certain it will bleach your leaves due to decreased chloraphyl production caused by UVB (thats why your seedling looks so light green) and without chloraphyl your plant has not energy to metabolize the nutes & Co2 out of the air..

Your killing your seedling m8
    Last edited by Budmore; 17-05-12 at 11:15 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

psychocannanaut (17-05-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Hope that makes sense, the 8 min edit restriction is a pain in the a***

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times

I am in total agreement with Budmore here.
    I use a uV-B reptile bulb in my grow but only for the final 2 to 4 weeks of flowering, before that, you are harming your plants potential.
    When using the uV bulb, this is in addition to my HPS since the uV bulb is the wrong spectrum for vegiative growth AND flowering growth.
    It does exactly as Bud said, it harms the plant, so the plant responds by producing more thc exactly the same way as humans use sun block.

Oh, you are right btw, these bulbs do increase THC but what you are forgetting is that plants dont form THC until they are flowering.
    W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

Budmore (17-05-12), Fairy (06-08-14), psychocannanaut (17-05-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

woody what size watt uvb bulb do you supplement with?

ive had a quick look on the bay and found 26watt and 100wat bulbs, i grow in a 60x60 space. so will the 26watt have a noticeable impact? im guessing the 100watt in there is overkill
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times

I have a 26W bulb I bought online from an Amazon pet store.
    W

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

Fairy (06-08-14), psychocannanaut (18-05-12)

Thanks

I live on a small island so its difficult to get hold of "grow lights" so i need an alternative light. what kind of light would be best? and where could i buy it from. we dont have a mall thats how small we are haha. i would need to buy it from a pet store for instance?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast