Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do I increase mu humidity in my grow tent?

Thanks

Default How do I increase mu humidity in my grow tent?

My humdity is around 25-30%. I need to raise the humidity to 50-70% for the veg stage.
    What is the best way to increase humidty?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sufyaanravat1 For This Useful Post:

Mymatedave (29-11-10)

Thanks

hiya sufand welcome to the forum,the way to raise humidity is by gettin a surface area of water somethin like a drinks tray if poss the bigger the surface area the better put 1in first and see if that raises it high enough 50to70 is perfect a bit less wont do any harm and remember when the plants start to produce a few leaves the humidity will rise naturally.cheers weed heed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to weed heed For This Useful Post:

Sketchy (24-03-16)

Thanks

My humidity is about the same. I can cover the floor with containers to evaporate but the extractor takes it away quicker than it can be produced by this method. I've got a humidifier which would solve the issue - but the plants seem to be doing fine, so I'm going to leave things as they are for the time being. I think as long as you keep the heat down and don't have too much wind on the plants they should be ok at a fairly low humidity.

Thanks

well meddy when my humidity is down this works for me pal so its worth tryin surely i leave 1tray in the room and it lasts for days and raises humidity 10 to 20% perfect.weed heed

Thanks

Yeah I was stressing about it for a few days and trying different containers to get more evaporation, but in the end I gave up. I keep a couple of trays in there now to stop it dipping too low, but they only raise it by 1-2%.

I think my extraction might be a bit excessive, but air quality is terrible so I think it's necessary...I may need to rethink this...only one way to find out, so I've got my fingers crossed for this crop. The leaves aren't brittle or discoloured so I hope they're going to be ok.

Thanks

Sorry sufyaanravat1, I'm kind of hijacking your thread.

To raise humidity you can use evaporation as suggested, or you can get a humidifier.

Thanks

It's ok meddy. Thanks for the information.

Thanks

I found that putting fabric in the container holding water helps increase the humidity. I think the fabric has a far greater surface area than the water sitting in a container. I only did it for a few days with an old jumper. I wounder if this may go moldy. Perhaps a sponge would work better.

looking for a small boat.............with a hole in the bottom!!
    Thanks

I would agree with mango, an old woolen jumper or something, even a dish cloth, would increase the surface area by loads, giving of even more moisture, I use a heated propergator with a bout 1" of water in it, switched on all the time, with a small clip on fan directed at the warm water, connected to a humidistat, as soon as the relative humity gets as low as 50% the fan kicks in, driving more humid air into the room, when it reads 55% Rh, the fan switches off, works perfect for me.hth

Thanks

sufyaanravat1, what size tent have you got? and what fans are you using?

I've got a 1x1x2m tent, 4inch ruck extractor with phat filter, 4inch low power ruck for intake, and two 6inch clip-on fans to move the air around. I've had a cold-mist humidifier on for the last few hours inside the tent, and it has raised the humidity by a measly 3-4%. I've tried wet towels/t-shirts/rags, containers of different colours/materials, and now the humidifier...nothing works, humidity gets to around 30-35% maximum and still dips under 30% at times. I've tried turning fans on and off, moving them around, but none of that does any good, occasionally I've got it to jump up to 40+%, but it soon stabilises back to around 30%.

The only thing that works for me is a lid, but that's only really feasible for a few weeks before the plants need the open air.

My conclusion is that my extractor is too powerful and my environment is very dry. I suppose winter is less humid than summer, so it probably won't get any worse than this. I think I need extremely frequent air changes because air quality is terrible...so it seems that unless I'm prepared to decrease the airflow or buy an expensive humidifier, I have to live with the low humidity...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meddy For This Useful Post:

Budgiesmoker (14-06-18), Fairy (20-12-13)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast