Thread: Open hydroponic shop.....?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,001 Times

Default Open hydroponic shop.....?

How much do you lot think it will cost to open up a small hydro shop. I know the stock prices will be the killer at first to get a few of the bare essentials.

Do you think it would be worth getting a business loan from the bank to set this up?

I would really love to make this happen so all thoughts on this are welcome

Sent from my mind telepathically.........

Thanks

Would the major companies help out like sponsorship and stuff like that?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

I swear most of them use it as a front to launder their money anyway. So I doubt they have any trouble setting up shop.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denzil For This Useful Post:

old skool toker (24-05-12)

Thanks

What i mean is, would the bigger companies that make stuff etc give me stuff to put on display?
    Anyway thats the last of my worries so realistically what ya think this is gona cost to set up excluding rent on shop.
    And what will this entail?

jimmi420 Guest

Yes open your shop and if you got a good credit rating they will throw stuff at you on credit .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dank View Post
    What i mean is, would the bigger companies that make stuff etc give me stuff to put on display?
    Anyway thats the last of my worries so realistically what ya think this is gona cost to set up excluding rent on shop.
    And what will this entail?

obviously dependant on location
    your premise will cost around £800 a month in rent (+\-)
    depending on value of your rented premise, your bussiness rates could be from £100 to £1000 a month
    (although it would be very likely your entitled to small bussiness relief, which knocks a hell of alot of the monthly bussiness rates)
    then your bills on that, a couple hundred.

i couldnt say for hydro suppliers but some suppliers will sell to you on apro, which is basically. pay us when you sell it.
    if not suppliers will give you a decent startup/setup kit at a decent price.

either way it aint gonna be cheap, but you can start up a shop for not tooo much money
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

If it were me I'd spend a lot of time researching everything from; the location of the shop (very important), stock, utilities, licenses, etc, right through to organising online sales, (where most of your sales will come from), staff and shop security.

A bank will help you if you provide them with very comprehensive business plan.

Good luck mate. I think you'll need it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,612 Times

i would just open a online hydor store forget shop and all that its just freeing exta cost. maybe once im established i would then go look for opening up a shop and expect profits to start comming in a little more
    1st. Paradise - Opium -Complete-

11. The Following User Says Thank You to C21H30O2 For This Useful Post:

The Lost Soul (24-05-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

I should think so yes as first timers are more likely to be confident with something they see in function which in turn, will make more sales for both the supplier and the shop owner. My mate owns one of the stores round here. And gets a fair bit display stuff.

Study the area you wanna open one. There's becoming more and more of them these days so you don't want a small fraction of the growers population of the area coming, you want as many as you can get.

Personally I don't think I could deal with some of the groups of idiots that come in to the shops.

I really don't know about setting up costs as I haven't ever owned a business. Most stores tend to be in industrial estates in this part of the midlands. Maybe the units are cheaper. Also you wanna find a spot which can't be easily surveilled by police or crop robbers. Dunno what the minimum orders are on products either. Its becoming a bit of a Saturate market IMO with massive availability online for often cheaper. The amount in birmingham is like up 15 on what there were last year or something silly like that.

Thanks

Thanks lads thats just what i need to hear if anyone else has more info please get it down in here for me.

I know i have a hell of alot of research to do but im cool with that just hope if i go ahead then it works out for me