Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Killer Snail

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Default Killer Snail

Just seen this on my back gate.I thought it was a large snail but it's actually a snail on a slug. I have never seen these two meeting up like this.
    Either he was lazy and wanted to hitch a ride or was trying to mate but very much doubt it or it was trying to kill the slug?
    Anyway..thought it was funny enough to take some pics..

Looking for New Pastures

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

Grub (03-06-12), L (04-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

lol it,ll be killing the slug, fight to the death, there,ll be not quick movements thats for sure lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (03-06-12)

Thanks

I always get slugs in my kitchen at night..Dirty twats they are..Hate having slug sludge between my toes or nearly killing myself sliding on them

6. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

rustic (03-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

Urgh we have started to get them sometimes too, think they are getting in through where the waste pipes go out to the drain, then having a party under my kitchen cupboard yak. Getting a new kitchen soon and I want it proper slug proofing!

I do take pleasure in sprinkling the slippery little suckers with salt though, and watching them bubble and melt before my eyes, mwahahahaha

Or maybe I should just get me a killer snail???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chillyerboots For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (03-06-12)

Thanks

yeah vinegar evaporates them as well.bit cruel but I dislike slugs..they leave tracks everywhere

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

I'm very imporessed with the copper tape you can get to put around your plant pots. It really does work. Last year I had a couple of Basil plants in pots in the garden & this copper tape completely prevented any slugs getting to them at all. No mean feat as anyone who's ever grown Basil will know.

I also like the idea of these new Ferrous Phosphate slug pellets - they only kill the bad guys so you don't feel guilty about endangering frogs & hedgehogs. I've been meaning to buy some for a while now.
    Last edited by Ganesha; 03-06-12 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks

yeah copper tape is really good stuff..you can hear the little explosions when they touch it

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

salt will kill slugs, closest thing i get to a slug is the mrs turned on and me sniffing my way to bedroom following the trail

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

chazrazz (04-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Snails are a nightmare where my mum lives, they came out like the plague when it rained. At night you step out the front door then *crunch crunch*. A load of crushed snail shell glued to the bottom of each shoe by some flattened snail slime. they used to find their way indoors into the converted barn as well. The size of some of them as well, looked like turbans slowly shifting their way across the driveway. Never ate any snails in my 8 years there though, fuck that.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

i go out slug stabbing most nights just after dark, as the cunts are destroying all my plants. one night on my mission i observed a slug slowly and happily crawl across the 30mm copper tape i had put down the day before, so i think its a crock of shit.
    beer traps and a small knife to stab them with and a tourch of course(they love carlsberg)
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast