Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: (Experienced Growers) Controversial Defoliation Increases Cannabis Yields

Thanks

I am happy.

cheers

Thanks

Controversy! I usually trim the leaves ie just take 1/2 of one or two fronds from the leaf. 50% + remains on the plant. I just trim if there are lower branches not receiving much light. Just a light trim of the branches that are restricting light to the lower branches. This is the best of both worlds IMO. You def keep a good percentage of leaf intact. Kind of like when grubs eat your leaves a portion will be consumed and (hopefully) some will remain. Intensive defoliation IME outdoors is counterproductive. Great if you want bonsai tree's though and I've found Bonsai tree's to be quite potent... maybe was just the hybrid mongrel strain I grew? :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodgepodge For This Useful Post:

Pp90 (29-06-16)

Thanks

I am with the OP on this subject.. After a huge learning curve I have settled into a technique for tent growing that includes topping once, defoliation both during veg, and as well through out flower, combined with the "bending" and or tying down of braches..

I think some are missing what is important as well though.. At least for me, I am not necessarily trying to get light all the way to the dirt.. Although that is fine, I am training ( bending ) branches so that am creating a "zone of buds" ( canopy ) that consists of an area only about 18" into the plant... The sweet zone.. If trained properly, there are very few popcorn type buds below that 18" zone. And the few that are there, I pay no special attention to..

I am a new grower, but can confirm a minimum of a pound off a single plant every single time... I am actually getting upwards of 1 1/4 last grow and continuing to work on even higher yields..

A big part is how many nodes I top to.. I am am still experimenting, but for the set up I have, it is starting to look like topping at 7 or even 8 nodes will yield the most.. I can not imagine growing any other way except as the OP has described...

I do have a question about growth at the lower part of the plant while still in veg...

Question : Should we ever clip any of the small branches from the lower area of the plant... I have noticed a lot of these new and very small branches have in the past just been long and stringy with just a small amount of bud on them...

So would like very much to hear how others who grow as the OP and I do, how you feel about this lower growth..

Great post OP, and thank you... !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defoilation4.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	332273

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defoilation1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	332272
    Last edited by geori; 20-09-16 at 09:39 AM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18