Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Making the step from soil to coco - got a few Questions.

Friday Guest

Default Answered: Making the step from soil to coco - got a few Questions.

Hi guys and girls
    As the title says I'm just about to start my 1st coco grow = 4 plants using a run to waste method/hand watering.
    Iv already put my seeds to crack last night in the airing cupboard and to my amazement all 4 have already cracked and have a decent tap root.
    My question is - I'm going to start them off in 1.5ltr pots to get them going. Ive tested my EC of my water and it's 0.2 - do I pre soak my coco with that with some rhizo in for root growth or do I need to bring my EC up to 0.8 using my coco A&B so that there is some food in the coco for the seedling. ??? The last thing i want to do is kill my babies before they've even got going.
    Even tho iv had a few soil grows now I just can't get my head round the whole EC thing. Sorry if it seem a bit of a silly noob question but I just want to get thing right as it's my 1st coco/hydro grow.
    Cheers in advance guys.

Friday

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...p-Rocklock-DNA.

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    Hi cocosteel, thanks for the reply mate.
    Cool I'll just give them water only with the 4ml per ltr until I they get their 1st true leaves. As far a adding A&B - if it says for example 40ml per 10ltr is that 20ml of each or is it 40ml of both ?? I know u have to add them separately to the feed and mix well between each. Iv bought my self a bluelab truncheon so I'll be using that to sort my feeds out.
    Thanks again mate for taking the time to reply to my question.

Friday

Only water until your seedlings show there first true leaves,the cocos enough.Then start with small amounts 1.2ml of both A+B per litre of water.And make sure you mix the canna A and canna B separately ie add the A,stir then leave.Then add the B.

Start with small amounts and work up through the grow.Dont follow the recommended,your burn your plants.And don't rush.

Its strong stuff and your know when to increase the feed.I never go above half the recommended without precise attention to my ph and ec,so it's your call...."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Friday For This Useful Post:

Gamble (24-06-12), needsmust (23-06-12)

Friday Guest

Bumpy bump

I need to get these seeds in tonight guys, any advise would be good. Cheers.

Friday

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

Coco growers, where are youuuu?

Lol, good question, I'd like to know the answer as well! I've thought of making the switch to coco or hempy bucket, the ec is daunting!
    The cream rises to the top, regardless of the cow it came from.
    My grows are done in a Stealth Cab 250w CFL

PC Fan to Mains for Dummies

6. The Following User Says Thank You to needsmust For This Useful Post:

Friday Guest

Quote Originally Posted by needsmust View Post
    Coco growers, where are youuuu?

Lol, good question, I'd like to know the answer as well! I've thought of making the switch to coco or hempy bucket, the ec is daunting!
    Hi dude.
    Yeah I know "Is there anyone out there??"
    Iv searched and read but just can't to seem to find the answer. I really need to get these planted tonight so I think I'll just add the rhizo and see wot the EC is then. It's only to pre soak the coco but I don't want to add or raise the EC if it's bot needed.
    Feeding in soil seems so much easier than coco but I guess I'll get my head round it some how.

Cheers for replying tho mate - it's so frustrating not getting any replys when u see there has been 16views.

Friday

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

Don't take it personal, likely they wanted to see the answer too, lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to needsmust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 7

Your be fine,just drop your beans in the coco
    and just give water for there first week or until they develope there first true leaves.Then start with 1.2ml of both A+B in one litre of water.Gradually increase as the plants size increase.As long as you always have some run-off(around 10%-20%)you know the fresh water and nutes is re-oxygenating the coir and flushing the old nutes.

Ive done coco grows just using half the recommended amount at weekly intervals in veg and twice weekly intervals in flower and never ph tested or checked the ec of my water.If you add the a+b to the water and leave for a few hours it will ph down yor water.

Its fool proof and ive never had burning.If you going to push the envelope your definitely going to have to monitor your ph and ec.

Great medium to grow with and good for growers of all levels.
    Last edited by CocoSteel; 23-06-12 at 10:19 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CocoSteel For This Useful Post:

needsmust (24-06-12)

Friday Guest

Quote Originally Posted by needsmust View Post
    Don't take it personal, likely they wanted to see the answer too, lol.
    Lol probably right mate.
    I think I'll just play it safe and keep the EC wot it is once iv added the rhizo.

Friday

Friday Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CocoSteel View Post
    Your be fine,just drop your beans in the soil and just give water for there first week or until they develope there first true leaves.Then start with 1.2ml of both A+B in one litre of water.Gradually increase as the plants size increase.As long as you always have some run-off(around 10%-20%)you know the fresh water and nutes is re-oxygenating the soil and flushing the old nutes.

Ive done coco grows just using half the recommended amount at weekly intervals in veg and twice weekly intervals in flower and never ph tested or checked the ec of my water.If you add the a+b to the water and leave for a few hours it will ph down yor water.

Its fool proof and ive never had burning.If you going to push the envelope your definitely going to have to monitor your ph and ec.

Great medium to grow with and good for growers of all levels.
    Cool I'll just give them water only with the 4ml per ltr until I they get their 1st true leaves. As far a adding A&B - if it says for example 40ml per 10ltr is that 20ml of each or is it 40ml of both ?? I know u have to add them separately to the feed and mix well between each. Iv bought my self a bluelab truncheon so I'll be using that to sort my feeds out.

Friday

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,807 Times
    Provided Answers: 10

Friday

40ml of a, and 40ml of b, i'v never realy gone above 30ml of each tbh, but thats just me, good luck pal

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...RCH-grow-diary
    ^checkout my diary^

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SWSERGIO1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 7

Friday

Only water until your seedlings show there first true leaves,the cocos enough.Then start with small amounts 1.2ml of both A+B per litre of water.And make sure you mix the canna A and canna B separately ie add the A,stir then leave.Then add the B.

Start with small amounts and work up through the grow.Dont follow the recommended,your burn your plants.And don't rush.

Its strong stuff and your know when to increase the feed.I never go above half the recommended without precise attention to my ph and ec,so it's your call....
    Last edited by CocoSteel; 23-06-12 at 11:21 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CocoSteel For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast