Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Grower here! Roadrunner#2

Thanks

Default New Grower here! Roadrunner#2

Hello all!

I am currently on week 2 of my roadrunner#2 autoflower seeds.

Grow tent - 80x80x160
    Lighting - 400w HPS Reflector. 20/4 schedule
    Plant magic soil
    Plant magic nutes, planning on starting week 4
    5" line fan carbon filter
    2 oscillating fans
    humidity - 35-40%
    Water - every 3-4 days
    PH is fine 6.8

Still struggling to keep the temps down, so far stays around 30 degrees which im worried about! the tent is inside a shed, so it easily drops to 19 degrees on lights out (UK)
    but i have a heater set up to push hot air into the tent for the dark times! but i think i need more fresh air intake but would have a problem with light leak from the shed so i need to solve that problem thats why im guessing it gets a bit too hot, not getting enough fresh air in!

The big issue im worried about is the temp, its always around 29-32 degrees!

I noticed a member called glenn has the same size tent and uses plant magic products, but with a 600w light! i started on 600w HPS in that tent but it was hitting 45 degrees was just impossibly hot! how do you manage?

I would love all the help i can get with this! just nervous about the nutes and how to measure it up against how much water you put in etc, which it does say on the tub! but do i mix a big batch in a bucket or something!

Will post images when the site lets me

Thank you
    Heal

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heal For This Useful Post:

kyg (26-07-12)

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Welcome to the forum mate.

Yep, not having enough intake is causing your heat issues mate. You can get all sorts of vents and screens now that will allow air in but will stop light escaping. B&Q should sort you out.

I've never used plant magic nutes so I won't lend advice there, but as with all nutes it's best to start off half-strength and work your way up.

Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Heal (26-06-12)

Thanks

i agree with grub......you need a bigger tent.....im using a 60x60x140 tent and have to rush in to open the flap an hour after lights come on as it heats up real quick, i got 2 fans and a cool mister for the humidity, and iv managed to keep it to a constant 28 degrees(with flap open)i would have got a 1.2 mtr tent, but space was at a premium at the time

i used plant magic in my first grow.....not too bad results...but now use biobizz/canna nutes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turbotoker For This Useful Post:

Heal (26-06-12)

Thanks

I will make better intake, ducting from the bottom of the tent open flap to the garage window and get fresh air from outside! i hope that will make a lot of difference!

Ive heard good things about those nutes, but ill see how plant magic do!

Thanks for the help!

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to skrillex For This Useful Post:

turbotoker (29-07-12)

Thanks

no probs......growing is a science and we'r all scientists lmao! but seriously, we've all had the odd problem now and again...but thats why this forum is the best....you can find virtually any solution to nearly every problem as we've all had em!

Thanks

I had no idea how much science was behind this! i remember years ago i planted a seed i found in my 10 bag. i had a plant growing in my cupboard was a male and 3ft high, was waiting for buds to appear haha, and watered it everyday with tomato plant food. was funny looking back, my mate come round laughing and through it in my garden and stood on it!! but thats what males get these days!

my plants dont seem to be growing rapidly like i thought tho i will take pictures when i get some more posts!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heal View Post
    I had no idea how much science was behind this! i remember years ago i planted a seed i found in my 10 bag. i had a plant growing in my cupboard was a male and 3ft high, was waiting for buds to appear haha, and watered it everyday with tomato plant food. was funny looking back, my mate come round laughing and through it in my garden and stood on it!! but thats what males get these days!

my plants dont seem to be growing rapidly like i thought tho i will take pictures when i get some more posts!
    hahaha...ive been there pal.....you care for it, nurture it and then find its a male......so frustrating!.....no more tho, feminised seeds all the way now.....hows your set-up?....perhaps they aint getting enuff light/air.....are you nuting em?...if so with what and how often?......canna is hardy and can withstand a couple of shocks, but are sensitive to the wrong light/air circ/feeding cycles...what are you growing in?

as i said its a science lol!
    Last edited by turbotoker; 26-06-12 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turbotoker View Post
    hahaha...ive been there pal.....you care for it, nurture it and then find its a male......so frustrating!.....no more tho, feminised seeds all the way now.....hows your set-up?....perhaps they aint getting enuff light/air.....are you nuting em?...if so with what and how often?......canna is hardy and can withstand a couple of shocks, but are sensitive to the wrong light/air circ/feeding cycles...what are you growing in?

as i said its a science lol!
    my set up is pretty good, plenty of light, its inside a grow tent! 400w HPS 5" temps in the day i can keep around 28 degrees, but soon as it hits dark the door has to be closed or light leak straight into the garden and choppers are in the skys at least once a month id say! i haven't started nutes yet! i have plant magic grow/bloom/bloom boost, was going to start grow nute start of week 4, reckon i can start sooner? the soil is plant magic supreme (Soil Supreme is a unique blend of sphagnum peat, Fytocell foam and our very own Organic
    Growth Stimulant.) (going to grow in coco next time) i will have pictures as soon as i reach 10 posts haha! thanks for your help mate!

Thanks

Oh and its in a shed with one window and a door! and most gaps from the outside are pretty much covered to stop the light getting out.. so i really need to sort the air intake out! in the day i leave shed door open and that does the jay oh bee!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast