Thread: Epsom salts.

blurry-vision Guest

Default Epsom salts.

Right I have a few Q's on it,

1. Is it mandatory in EVERY grow that some gets used ?

2. Do plants suffer a lot without it ?

3. How far into flower is the ideal time to do it ?

4. When peeps say you mix a tablespoon in five litres of water, is that the dose for one plant - Five litres with the tablespoon's worth ?? Or do you spread the five litres round however many plants you have ?

Thanks..

Thanks

Yo man,

epson salts are only required if your plants are showing a magnesium deficiency. Shown by the paling of the lower leafs in between the veins, with the veins remaining dark green.

If you are using biobizz ferts you will need some epson salts as biobizz have very little magnesium in them. I use biobizz and give them a heaped table spoon per 10 l at week 3, day 21, this tends to hold it at bay.

lk gives them a tea spoon per 5l i think, i'd give them this amount if they show further sign of deficiency after week 3. These amounts are the concentration of nutrient to be used, you do not need to give the entire 5l to one plant, just as much water as you normally would

Oh and yeah magnesium is very important, its used for photsythesis/energy transfer i think, something like the iron in our blood
    "Medicines often produce side effects. Sometimes they are physically
    unpleasant. Cannabis too has discomforting side effects, but these are not physical
    they are political"

blurry-vision Guest

^^ Interesting that b/c I am using Bio bizz and those symptoms you mentioned are not really there, but I have noticed some of the fan leaves stems have turned a redish colour not all of them just some also I'm six weeks into flower today so I am a bit past the 21 day mark !!

Do you think I should still give them some even without the symptoms you mentioned and despite the fact I am six weeks into flower ?

Thanks

Only give it to them if they need it mate, how long does your strain take to flower mate? normally around that time its natural for the leaves to loose some colour

blurry-vision Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jameo View Post
    Only give it to them if they need it mate, how long does your strain take to flower mate? normally around that time its natural for the leaves to loose some colour
    It says 8-9 weeks but I am using enviro's so probably more like 10-11 maybe.. Do you or anyone else for that matter know anything about the stems going this redish colour ??

Cheers..

Thanks

seeing as your giving them biobizz nutes i'd say give them a one of dose just to be safe, it won't harm them. Wait for some1 else to stick their 2penny worths in tho