Thread: storing premixed nutes

Donkey Rocket Champion! Asteroids 2k3 Champion! Lift Champion! Bunny Grab Champion! Duck Tracker Champion!
    Thanks

Default storing premixed nutes

im gonna experiment with a hempy bucket the thing is im doing it small scale so is it possible to mix up 10 litres of feed so i dont have to faff around mixing up tiny amounts probably getting the maths wrong and killing my poor unsuspecting plant
    thanks in advance dbuk

jimmi420 Guest

Yes i mix nuits for a week sometimes more so long as their chemical based ferts and not orgasmic as organic start to go of and stink after 4 or 5 days.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

dbuk (06-07-12), Tabbatha (06-07-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Hey dbuk,

We CAN store nutes (like jimmi says not so much if they're organic) but it's not desirable if it can be avoided because over time the calcium and magnesium in the tapwater will start bonding with the NPK nutrients in the feed making them unavailable to the plant.. so in effect the longer you leave it the more feed you steal from the solution.

It'll also affect it's ph over time so that'll need to be readjusted.. and all this is adding more and more acid to the solution, less and less feed is available at the correct ratios (most important) and I suppose overall the solution is staler because the water can be picking up pathogens in that time (unless its in an airtight container - although that then means it'll have no oxygen in it).

It's not deadly and many growers do it without problems but it's best to be aware that some unforseen nutrient issues can surface under the right conditions.

I am the light of this forum and I am its mean twisted soul.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tabbatha For This Useful Post:

dbuk (06-07-12)

Thanks

Bump to this one IMO...!

Thanks

So the Organic rooting gel i took back to B and Q was not off as it stank like a long dead animal but was due to it being organic then.
    Lol
    Dastardly