Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: any fishermen among us

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Yep, I love a bit of fishing.

I started off in the canals, progressed onto pools/lakes, then weekend sessions down the Severn pulling out Barbel and Chub.

Nowadays I'm lucky to live close to the beach so I'm trying my hand at a bit of sea-fishing.

I took Mrs Grub on a night-session down the beach last November. It was bloody freezing and windy as hell so the nice bottle of Brandy we took with us went down a treat!
    We must have had 4/5 joints and half a bottle of Brandy before Mrs Grubs rod was nearly ripped out of the tripod.... 30 minutes later and after lots of panicking and screaming (not just from Mrs Grub)... we finally get a glimpse of the monster thrashing about in the surf...
    A 6ft long Conga!!

Another 15 minutes later on and we're still arguing about who's unhooking the pissing thing!!

I lost.

That was pretty much the 1st fish we'd caught from the sea and I hope to God I never have to 'deal' with one again!
    Last edited by Grub; 09-07-12 at 12:20 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (09-07-12), blue cheese (09-07-12), Jonnygrow (09-07-12), L (11-07-12), mrscott (12-10-12)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonnygrow For This Useful Post:

Grub (09-07-12)

Thanks

ok mate ill remove my face cool sorry about that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to glasgow grower For This Useful Post:

Grub (09-07-12)

Thanks

Nothing better than finding a nice quiet river having a few smokes

Then spending the day running a float down the river with my trusty center pin

perfect day

Broon_Troot Guest

i used to go fishing on a regular basis, usually river fishing for trout or salmon but i hadn't been for a long time so me an a mate decided to go down to dumfries for a days fishing on saturday just passed. i LOVED it, really forgot how much i love fishing till then,so much so im gonna make a point of getting back in aboot it! anyway we got a few little brown trout, the best one being aboot 3lb-ish so not to bad a day for our 1st day oot in a while.
    just before we left we went into a little fishermans pub for a jar, you know the sort, fishing fly`s in photo frames, old fishing rods hung up on the wall etc etc.........................OH and this.............................

42LB salmon caught in a river called the "nith" back in 1992. had to get my picture taking next to it just to show the scale of the thing.........its a MONSTER!!
    infact looking at the pic i might be wrong it looks like its 46LB

Thanks

thats a beauty

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,250 Times

sea fisherman here cod winter (keep out over 3lb) bass (returned) summer.all the best
    grow mango haze.and save a fortune on nutrients.

Thanks

Carp man myself not been in a while back stopping me.

If i have been helpfull please click me....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

carp fishin mainly, got a decent carp lake 5 mins from my house

but spent this weekend just gone at my mums house in somerset, spent the whole of sunday fishing in her back garden
    caught a fuckload of breem biggest about 3\4lbs
    cant beat dangling a rod with a can of stella, big old spliff in the comfort of your own back garden
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue cheese View Post
    true mate but i would just go for the pike if i was looking for a gd fight on the rod very fast running fish especially when they see a net lol
    true mate and yes i would be interested in that bit of fishing mate but i cant pm you i need 50 posts

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast