Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hemp oil, bioavailability, a way to make the medicine with less bud?

Hempskybergstein Guest

sorry that should read Diego not Rick

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

Thanks for your input Hemp,

I do not recommend that hemp oil be taken along with chemotherapy. What would be the sense of making your own cure and then allowing the medical system to give you massive doses of poison?

shame about this quote as the chemo started yesterday and i dont think i would be able to tell her not to do it. Me on the other hand would never go down the radio/chemo path. I think that has to be an informed decision.
    All i can do is give her the info and let her make her mind up.
    All i can hope is it helps with the chemo then the cancer.

thanks again.

Thanks

Yes, but as they mention it's added to make it more practical to handle, think they are unaware that it helps absorption. I think more oil is a good thing and to solve the cannabinoids good in it for better absorption. My theory of 100g bud making 12g oil and add sesamy oil to dilute to 60g may be a potent enough medicine. But thats up for debate and testing. I will do the testing soon

Growing to beat cancer: Phoenix tears Tetric's RSO hempy grow

Thanks

My mother has gone trough 3 chemo treatments and is badly hurt by the poison. However i think the oil treatment will help her recover, but she might have to take a lot more, that what Rick recommends anyway. Without the chemo my mother would have been dead by now, so even if its poison it's the only thing they have to slow the cancer down and buy time. We havent been able to aquire the oil yet, so we're tankful that shes still alive, and now gonna try this alternative cure, we hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post

I do not recommend that hemp oil be taken along with chemotherapy. What would be the sense of making your own cure and then allowing the medical system to give you massive doses of poison?

shame about this quote as the chemo started yesterday and i dont think i would be able to tell her not to do it. Me on the other hand would never go down the radio/chemo path. I think that has to be an informed decision.

thanks again.

nuube Guest

thanks again.
    I am in the same position. I had 8+Oz of cannabis to make the oil and despite all the evidence I have given the person is still afraid of trying cannabis, (but not all that poisonous chemo shite). It is frustrating but hopefully your mum will benefit from the oil. If nothing else it should help with the chemo. Good luck to all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

VMAX (18-07-12)

Thanks

Nice interview with Rick Simpson on Max Igan radioshow:

Here he states that there are many that makes bad oil and sells it, diluted or made from only trimmings. I wish i knew more about cannabinoids pure bioavailability, what happens with the stuff that are not absorbed. I assume it goes out with the poop :P If so, my theory of diluting it with vegetable oil would be true, then we need much less to make the medicine, that would be great! Anyone good at googling stuff or know about this, shout it out

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for.

THC is dissolved in sesame oil and it is administered orally as a capsule containing 5 or 10 mg of THC. The major problem of THC in oral administration is its low bioavailability due to its poor dissolution properties and high first-pass metabolism. The bioavailability of orally ingested THC ranges from only 6% to approximately 20% depending on the drug vehicle employed.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090298929

Thanks

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for.

THC is dissolved in sesame oil and it is administered orally as a capsule containing 5 or 10 mg of THC. The major problem of THC in oral administration is its low bioavailability due to its poor dissolution properties and high first-pass metabolism. The bioavailability of orally ingested THC ranges from only 6% to approximately 20% depending on the drug vehicle employed.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090298929
    Something like that yes. But the answers im seeking is:

1. What are the factual oral bioavailability of pure cannabinoids not diluted in oil or anything else, and what happens with the cannabinoids that dont get absorbed by the body?

2. What are the oral bioavailability of a cannabinoids as a solution, solved in an oil.

3. Can we draw the conclution that from the answers of the two previous questions that: Since cannabinoids bioavailability increases 5-10 times when solved in oil, we need 5-10 times less raw material (prime bud) to make an as effective cancer treatment as the Rick Simpson oil. And that one can not argue that the oil solved cannabinoids make the medicine diluted and less potent. And that it's rather that pure cannabinoid oil as Rick Simpson recommends it is poorly absorbed by the body and only 6-20% gets absorbed, so 94-80% just pass trough the stomach. While oil solved cannabinoids is absorbed up to 90% and thus have a better medicinal value do to it's higher bioavailability.

Thats what i want to know.
    I have found some text, presented in the beginning of these thread, that seems to answer some of my questions, but im not so sure it really does. I just want more science facts I might call up a laboratory and ask

First pass metabolism in the liver is not a concern, since the metabolite is also active, and rick simpsons oil is effective in its pure low bioavailable form even though the cannabinoids go trough first pass metabolism.
    Last edited by Tetric; 25-07-12 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,005 Times

a very interesting read,sorry to hear about your mum,my thoughts are with her....i aint no clever fucker who understands all this but,as you say the oil will allow the body to absorb more of the active ingredients,i can see ricks view about keeping it pure,but i believe that this only has a bearing on the supplier and reciever as such,once the oil is handed over then the mixing is no concern as long as you stick to the g of oil a day for month bit,then just add the oil,maybe the only concern i,d have is the toxcicity in the blood and the fact that we still dont understand all the canaboids or their function,maybe theres elements that the body needs to flush out and normally doesnt absorb,perhaps the working canaboids are already released and the remaining ones are not effective,one things for sure make sure you take the iso route,i,ll get slated for this but the butane way sucks compaired to the black oil,as you,ll all ready know from exp..........i know i havent helped but what harm would it do to add a g of oil to a g of whatever oil/fat as its to be digested anyway........all the best to your mum......ost........chemo is nasty but does buy time,its the first shitty dose that peeps need to avoid as mostly this just makes the cancer more aggressive and often incurable........great read on a taboo subject,in all places legal to medicate,its still illeagel to distract the thc from the plant,and you have to seriously ask why that is
    !!!CANNABIS FREEDOM FIGHTER, FULLTIME MENTALIST

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old skool toker For This Useful Post:

Tetric (25-07-12), VMAX (25-07-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by old skool toker View Post
    a very interesting read,sorry to hear about your mum,my thoughts are with her....i aint no clever fucker who understands all this but,as you say the oil will allow the body to absorb more of the active ingredients,i can see ricks view about keeping it pure,but i believe that this only has a bearing on the supplier and reciever as such,once the oil is handed over then the mixing is no concern as long as you stick to the g of oil a day for month bit,then just add the oil,maybe the only concern i,d have is the toxcicity in the blood and the fact that we still dont understand all the canaboids or their function,maybe theres elements that the body needs to flush out and normally doesnt absorb,perhaps the working canaboids are already released and the remaining ones are not effective,one things for sure make sure you take the iso route,i,ll get slated for this but the butane way sucks compaired to the black oil,as you,ll all ready know from exp..........i know i havent helped but what harm would it do to add a g of oil to a g of whatever oil/fat as its to be digested anyway........all the best to your mum......ost........chemo is nasty but does buy time,its the first shitty dose that peeps need to avoid as mostly this just makes the cancer more aggressive and often incurable........great read on a taboo subject,in all places legal to medicate,its still illeagel to distract the thc from the plant,and you have to seriously ask why that is
    Thanx for your input and condolances m8 I agree with what ur saying.

Found some info today:

"When orally ingested, the systemic bioavailability of the lipophilic THC molecule is typically 5-10%. However, it may be doubled when simultaneously applying a lipophilic carrier (fat, oil), thereby improving THC resorption. Thus the bioavailability is typically somewhat less than that via inhalation. The rate of intake also depends on additional factors, such as the fullness of the stomach, and varies between individuals. After oral administration of 15-20 mg THC, plasma levels peak at approximately 5 ng/ml THC, typically after 1-3 hours, with a large inter- and intra-individual variability. The subjective psychotropic effect has its onset after 30-90 minutes and lasts for about 6 hours. In order to achieve acute effects, considerably higher oral doses are required than with inhalation because of the slower intestinal resorption of THC and the somewhat lower bioavailability."

http://www.naihc.org/hemp_informatio...ort/part2.html

Well, we just have to try making less product more potent by upping the bioavailability with oils and maybe other stuff like glycerine or propylene glychole. At least until we can get a hold of whats recommended by Rick.

Best regards

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tetric For This Useful Post:

VMAX (31-07-12)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast