Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hemp oil, bioavailability, a way to make the medicine with less bud?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nuube View Post
    As a matter of interest Tetric mate, what way did you make your oil? I bought a bottle of rapeseed oil and am going to make some oil that way, (although thinking of sticking to phoenix tears method for my mother).
    Ahh, yeah, I used rapeseed oil to when I made the oil, works well I think, as mentioned, so strong that 1/2th grainsize knocks me of my feet xD I haven't decided yet if im gonna solve it in oil when I make the next batch, leaning towards that though.

WanderinBloke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetric View Post
    Interresting, thanx. Yes, I dont know really either, just guessing based on what I have read and heard. Dont you think regular cannabinoids pass trough the liver when it is absorbed too then? From what I have heard, because cannabinoids is lipids, that are quite hard to absorb, adding fat or solving it in fat helps the body absorb it as fat. Coudlnt be a bad thing i thought But if there is some other mechanism of action, where the pure cannabinoids, cheat their way in to the blood stream when they are in pure form, and therefor never go trough the liver, and that's responsible for the curing of cancer, then... well, then thats why pure RSO works so good Then I guess an IV-drip would be the best method of delivering pure cannabinids, untouched by the liver, to the blood stream
    Suppositories: next best thing to a drip?

Quote Originally Posted by nuube View Post
    As a matter of interest Tetric mate, what way did you make your oil? I bought a bottle of rapeseed oil and am going to make some oil that way, (although thinking of sticking to phoenix tears method for my mother).
    how do you make it with rapeseed oil? edit: nevermind - stoned moment

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WanderinBloke For This Useful Post:

Tetric (04-10-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WanderinBloke View Post
    Suppositories: next best thing to a drip?

how do you make it with rapeseed oil? edit: nevermind - stoned moment
    Well, i guess rectal would work great to bypass the liver, actually, quite a good way to administer drugs

lol, yes, had to use google to understand what rapeseed means... sounds like something else, but discovered that it's the same oil i use

WanderinBloke Guest

Well, i guess rectal would work great to bypass the liver, actually, quite a good way to administer drugs

lol, yes, had to use google to understand what rapeseed means... sounds like something else, but discovered that it's the same oil i use
    Some info on suppositories here from Jindrich Bayer, who works with Rick SImpson:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...98774923502987

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WanderinBloke For This Useful Post:

Tetric (04-10-12)

Thanks

Some info on suppositories here from Jindrich Bayer, who works with Rick SImpson:

Sorry, didnt understand the word "SUPPOSITORIES" :P I just figured u wanted to know if there was some other method then IV that worked nearly as well, and i suggested rectal.. And that was what it was about :P Thanx for the info, interesting read.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetric For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Interresting, wonder what they would say about this bioavailibility teory? Maybe I should contact JB and ask? I dont like the simple answer "dont recommend diluting the oil" :P But maybe they have some better logical answer. They sure seem to know what they are doing dont they..

WanderinBloke Guest

Interresting, wonder what they would say about this bioavailibility teory? Maybe I should contact JB and ask? I dont like the simple answer "dont recommend diluting the oil" :P But maybe they have some better logical answer. They sure seem to know what they are doing dont they..
    lol - They dont like it. Theyre all for the 'pure rso', which I understand because we've seen many examples of supposedly pure rso at work, and if it works you might as well stick with it. At least until someone comes along and proves that it can work in other ways, of course

Thanks

lol - They dont like it. Theyre all for the 'pure rso', which I understand because we've seen many examples of supposedly pure rso at work, and if it works you might as well stick with it. At least until someone comes along and proves that it can work in other ways, of course
    lol, thats my suspicion also. And I cant blame them, why change something that works? Well, if it makes it easier and cheaper for people to make the oil, then it's worth a thought anyway I wrote them a mail formulated like this:

Hello! I have a question about bioavailability. I have read that pure cannabinoids only have an oral bioavailability of about ~5-15% and that the rest just pass trough the stomach. But then I have also read that if one solves the cannabinoids in some vegetable oil, the bioavailability can rise to much higher %, it's a bit unclear, but on one place I read that it's nearly 90%, almost complete absorption. Have u guys ever pondered that maybe one could make the medicine for treating cancer with much less bud material, if one solves the crude oil in vegetable oil, say 50/50? Assume the solved cannabinoids get double bioavailability, then one would need just halv a pound to make an effective medicine. Just because the oil vessel helps the body absorb the cannabinoids? I have heard ppl that think that one would not advice to do that, because it would "dilute" the oil and make it less potent. But that argument seems to be false. If the bioavailiability of crude cannabis oil is so low, solving it in oil would only help the body absorb more oil, and thus just utilize the oil better. Best Regards
    Now we'll see if there comes an answer

WanderinBloke Guest

lol, thats my suspicion also. And I cant blame them, why change something that works? Well, if it makes it easier and cheaper for people to make the oil, then it's worth a thought anyway I wrote them a mail formulated like this:

Now we'll see if there comes an answer
    Including some info about your own experiences with it would probably be useful. Theyre more likely to give you more than a stock response if your question comes with actual knowledge. Otherwise I suspect the answer will be along the lines of "keep it pure - it works that way for sure".

Thanks

Including some info about your own experiences with it would probably be useful. Theyre more likely to give you more than a stock response if your question comes with actual knowledge. Otherwise I suspect the answer will be along the lines of "keep it pure - it works that way for sure".
    U might be right there, I think they use stock responses, to much work otherwise answering questions maybe? Focusing on what they think is important for the time being. But I really think it's an adequat question, that can save lives if it's true, and I think it's worth some further investigation. They seem resonable people, so I doubt they'd disagree with that. I dont know why they are so short in responce to such an elaborate question though, I'd sure like them to elaborate a bit instead uf just giving an answer like I got this time:

We recommend straight oil. For a good reason. JB
    I think I'll respond to that.. maybe with some own experience as u said when I find the right words.

Growing to beat cancer: Phoenix tears Tetric's RSO hempy grow

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast