Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Amsterdam alternative Chefchaouen

Thanks

To be honest, I can't stand the Moroccans in the more touristy places. The hustle and bustle is different from Amsterdam, but you don't get such persistent and committed hustlers trying to pressure you into buying something in the 'Dam. No. You go into a coffeeshop, ask for a menu, take your time... I was in Chefchaouen twice, loved it the first time hated it the second, not least because of being ripped off and threatened by a hostel receptionist and also because of the seemingly-desperate guys constantly harassing my friend and I to "buy some good shit my friend, dubl-zeroh, best quality". It got old quick.

But I'm happy to hear you had a good time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmokeToke For This Useful Post:

azza (04-05-14), tlh2496 (12-05-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times

Nice very nice

Thanks

another quickie while i mind azza! do they stamp your passport when entering Morocco? thanks

Thanks

yeah they do stamp with tangier. They also have a form asking you where you are staying you have to fill out at airport. we didnt put chefchaouen I think i just wrote backpacking
    "Love the Life you Live, Live the Life you Love" - Bob Marley

Chefchaouen Morocco
    Easy Sativa guerilla grow 2011
    Female Seeds C99 grow
    2012 Purple Maroc grow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to azza For This Useful Post:

tlh2496 (13-05-14)

Thanks

well, we made chaouen and what a great time. we climbed jezza el kelaa (big mountain overlooking chaouen) and scored a nice bit pollen and a bit "old skool" black from one of the farmers up on the mountain. Stay clear of the dealers in chaouen, 99.9% of the puff is garbage and one of them asked me for 10 euro a gram??? (got an ounce up the mountains for 30 euro).

be careful if you going to take pictures up there. the farmers are none to happy about it as the police have been getting GPS tags from the photo's and busting the farmers, so one of them was telling me.

Best places to eat and we didn't get a bad stomach from were: Aladdin (main square), Pizzeria Mandala at Avenue Hassan II,Angle Sebanin and Assaada, just down the Bab el Ain on the West Medina wall.
    You can buy alcohol but it was very expensive, 12 bottles of Heineken for 30 euro (we ran outta duty free vodka) at Bar Oumrabia, down on Ave hassan II (near Hotel Marrakesh.)

You better going out the medina for cigarettes as you'll get them outside for 3.20 euro for 20.

If you don't want hassled for hashish then just look them in the eye and say "la sookran" (no, thank you) and you'll be fine. perfectly safe at night but don't smoke down the medina square or anywhere else around town. go up the back to hotel Atlas or on the roof terrace of you hotel.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

azza (16-11-14)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5