Thread: Wrapping grow tent with insulation foil

Thanks

Default Wrapping grow tent with insulation foil

Hiya guys, I've just put my grow tent up in my loft, it's a 2.4 x 1.2 x 2m tent, but due to the loft having very little insulation up there the temps can fluctuate a bit

At the moment I just don't have the cash to fully insulate the loft properly, by boarding it all out etc... So, I was thinking of wrapping the tent in a few layers of that aluminium foil insulation stuff and wondered if people think that will help to hold the heat inside the tent, and obviously stop the loft heating up too much with the chopper flying about ?

I will be using a 10 inch extractor with fan controller and extracting back into the house through a cupboard in the spare room

Opinions lads ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdibb1987 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

jimmi420 Guest

Cant see the point , all the heat is gonna be taken out by your extracter when lights are out and when they are on it will be ok , it may be too much in foil , if wrapping in anything you need proper insulation to keep the chill out.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

L (13-07-12), Mdibb1987 (13-07-12)

Thanks

Cheers buddy, yeah I was more bothered about the heat escaping out of the tent and warming up my loft too much, but as you say , with the extractor size I'm using surely it will get rid of the heat before it has chance to escape

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdibb1987 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

jimmi420 Guest

Dont worry about heat in your loft too much man , my buddy grows in his loft and has done for near on 10 years without a tug of the other firm , the cop chopper is always above our houses and were both good useing 2 x 600 hps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

Mdibb1987 (13-07-12)

Thanks

Great stuff mate, thanks again jimmi

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdibb1987 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

If you were to use that thermafoil for anything then I'd line the roof with it to help disperse any heat sigs that you may be giving off.

Thanks

came home to the roof of my house completely clear of snow. the 3 other brand new houses were white as white. paranoia set in very quick. even been considering stoping till march. after sleeping( i work night shift) i got up the ladder and used all the wooly insulation i had left over to cover the tent. will add more on my days off. does anyone think this may suffice. really dont want to quit this early.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lewi For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

the snow isn't set to last, insulation will definitely help

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (22-11-19), GEORGE (14-12-17), lewi (14-12-17)

Thanks

im watching the weather so close atm. thanks for the reply monster. really enjoying my new hobby and really dont want to give it up.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lewi For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)