Thread: Westlands Jacks Magic

Thanks

Default Westlands Jacks Magic

HI there, i went to my local garden centre looking for a good compost for my next grow and i stumbled across westlands Jacks Magic multi purpose compost which is peat based with added sea weed 60ltr for £5.99.
    Just wondering if any one has had any experience with this compost?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Hey GD,

FYI, that compost isn't organic and has all sots of chemical nutrients in it.. so if you want to follow a truly organic regime it won't be suitable. Homebase do do an organic compost.. but it's pretty hard to get hold of.

If you're not fussed about that and just want some useable soil.. that one should be fine. Depending on your tapwater hardness, you may or not be able to germinate directly in it and not need any extra fertiliser for a month or so.

To be honest with you.. the Jamie Oliver Tomato Grow Bags are excellent for cannabis growing. You'll need perlite whichever option you choose... but tomatoes and cannabis are very similar in what they need nutrient-wise so the tomato composts are usually ideal.

That's what I now use having decided that £20 for a bag or proper organic soil really isn't worth it.

I'm currently compiling a thread of useful soil-growing tips that you may find useful when deciding what to buy, especially if you're in the uk.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...l-Growing-Tips

I am the light of this forum and I am its mean twisted soul.

Thanks

Thanks Tabbatha for the info i will have to look at the jamie oliver tomato grow bags, what nutes do you use with jamie oliver grow bags?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

No worries..

I use a whole range of different nutrients in a grow as I always do multistrain. Things like biobizz.. plant magic.. formulex.. tomorite.. and a load of other organic things.

Let's say one wanted it cheap n easy and just wanted to get a good weed plant grown...

I can say that tomorite tomato feed is pretty good for weed, but it is VERY strong so must be used very lightly (1/8 strength to start, up to 1/4 but 1/2 strength will probably burn ya plants even if they're large). << That equates to about 0.125ml/ltr, 0.25ml/ltr & 0.5ml/ltr respectively.

It SEEMS to be a case of growers either going in way to strong on the tomato feed and burning their plants, or getting it about right and seeing some really great results.

Thanks

are you sure its not organic, the description says:

Features: 100 percent naturally blended all purpose compost that delivers exceptional results from seed to shrub.
    where did you get the idea its not organic?

Thanks

Default Re: Westlands Jacks Magic

"Naturally blended" does not mean organic I think.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dankenstien For This Useful Post:

tricone (21-11-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dankenstien View Post
    "Naturally blended" does not mean organic I think.
    i just read this:
    A 100% natural growing media enhanced with extracts of seaweed to deliver exceptional growing results whether from germinating seeds through to planting up containers.
    you sure this isnt organic? o_0

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Most bought soils from garden centres like homebase bnq etc etc are basically fibers and stuff that looks like soil with added chemical ferts. True organic soils are expensive and tbh not worth fucking around with unless you get plagron light mix or the like. Making a soil seems a good option if you fancy it. Me, i dont care, gimme a good soil, ferts in it or not, let that plant grow and turn it sorta organic. i.e orgainic feeds, michorizae and trichoderma, get that pot excited and feed the micro's with bs molasses.

True organics = sprout seed in wild soil and let it grow grow grow with out additional feeds just the elements it gets from wash off rain etc
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Most bought soils from garden centres like homebase bnq etc etc are basically fibers and stuff that looks like soil with added chemical ferts. True organic soils are expensive and tbh not worth fucking around with unless you get plagron light mix or the like. Making a soil seems a good option if you fancy it. Me, i dont care, gimme a good soil, ferts in it or not, let that plant grow and turn it sorta organic. i.e orgainic feeds, michorizae and trichoderma, get that pot excited and feed the micro's with bs molasses.

True organics = sprout seed in wild soil and let it grow grow grow with out additional feeds just the elements it gets from wash off rain etc
    Well, soil already has lots of nutrients naturally since it is made up of organic materials. These materials are use as fertilizers for the plants.

Also, I haven't tried that compost yet.