Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: does ph of water matter if using biobizz products ??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

The soil buffers the ph, so no need to mess with the water. ive done a few organic grows useing plant magic oldtimers feeds.
    Tried a few different composts and never once adjusted Ph all grows where trouble free, apart from mites lol.

Regards BL

Thanks

I dont think anyone is arguing whether or not it works, rather are we wasting or time phing the feed, or is it maximizing optimums like everything else in growing?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SirTiva For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-08-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

I read somewhere it can have a negative effect, throwing the balance of the medium off.
    I dont know the science behind it though.

Regards BL

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times
    Provided Answers: 59

What people are doing is adjusting the water with a synthetic pH adjuster, either up or down, They contain salts, where as organic soils and netruents dont, The microbes adjust the soil, (this is organics, any salts added to the soil will kill the bacteria in a sence, Im sure there can be some fluctuations in pH but thats what the micro-herds or what ever its called do for the soil as such, buffer it. If you are conscious of pH with organics, use organic pH adjusters.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-08-12), DelBoy (23-08-12)

Thanks

i get all sorts of lock out and deficiency if i dont change the Ph to 6.5

after 24 hours plain water Ph is just below 7 usually and when i add the grow & bloom it is at 6.0 - 6.1. I have even seen it as low as 5.9
    It takes about 1/2ml liquid Si to set 3ltr back to 6.5

no adjustment needed when using topmax alone as it sits at 6.5
    Last edited by Hooter; 23-08-12 at 11:40 PM. Reason: the voices told me to

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hooter For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-08-12), DelBoy (23-08-12), SirTiva (24-08-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,180 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Keep it coming chaps, a healthy debate is always great for learning

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DelBoy For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-08-12), GBK (24-08-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,965 Times
    Provided Answers: 112

My 2pence

When I used bio biz I didn't Ph anything.
    Didn't know what Ph was. Hehe.

Just let the water stand in a bucket for 24hrs or so, mix in food and then feed. Only had a few Mg difs I think??

Must be the most simplistic food you can use.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alzy For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (24-08-12), DelBoy (24-08-12), Donzo (24-08-12)

Thanks

I use biobizz and have had some problems with every grow I do. I figured it was my ph levels were too high.

When I finally bought a ph tester I found my water ph was 7.0 and my run off was coming to 7.5!!

So I figured my plants weren't getting the nutes as they were locked out.

I then used a ph down adjuster which was for hydro. That made it worse.

Then one of the members here suggested I needed organic ph adjuster. I think it was green Buddha? I have started to use it and it I can see my plants getting better.

Cause my run off always go up, I ph down to 6.3 or 6.4 and gives me a run off of 6.6 or 6.7. I can see that is helping. So for me it's working.

But I have noticed when you feed bio grow that naturally brings the ph down anyway so an adjuster isn't needed some times.

I try to regularly check my run off to make sure I got the right ph level when I water or feed.

Hope that helps.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WWLover For This Useful Post:

GBK (24-08-12), Killabeez420 (06-03-18), TIKTOK (24-08-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,916 Times
    Provided Answers: 15

It depends if you're keeping your grow 100% organic. If you're using organic muck and nutes dont use chemical ph up and down in the water or any other chemical additive, the soil will buffer to the correct ph. If your grow isn't organic dont use organic nutes. Most problems with bio bizz are caused by adding chemicals, causes havoc with the micro herd but doesn't kill it off completely so you get a poor plant.

Chemicals and organics don't mix well

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIKTOK For This Useful Post:

DelBoy (24-08-12), GBK (24-08-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,180 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

An organic Ph up has been difficult to find for me, anyone have any suggestions? Someone mentioned liq silicon, is it safe to use without harming the micro herd? I'm slowly piecing this together I think.. Tabbs was right when he mentioned about your location. I think hard water suits bio bizz without the need for Ph'ing as the acidic nutes will balance it out. The micro herd will buffer the Ph to a certain extent but going anywhere below 5.5 or above 7.5 you will probably run into a lockout. In my view the best option would be to flush through with water at 6.5, molasses is a good option to lower the Ph while still replacing some of the lost food within the soil (micro herd) or you can use organic Ph down. I've got canna's one but as I say they don't do an up.. which seems weird.. or am I just useless at looking for stuff? lol

Cheers anyway guy's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast