Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am i nearly there ? help needed.

Thanks

Default Am i nearly there ? help needed.

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker decided to make an account to see if I can build on all the knowledge ive been reading to finally start a grow ! would greatly appreciated the community’s help on seeing if ive got the right idea on things to buy and some questions along the way to get the show on the road !

RUCK Fan & Rhino Pro Filter With Standard Ducting - 4 inch (285m3) - £125

Dark Street DS60 II 60cm x 60cm x 140cm - £60

250 Watt CFL Grow Light System With 1 x Blue Lamp - £68 –

is it worth buying the RED spectrum ? if so that brings me to the thinking of why not just use both lights at once then I’ll be rocking 500w ? although would be more hefty on my electric !?
    if so that’s 1, 250W Maxibright CFL Lamp RED to add to the list which is an extra £45 !

intake fans ? unsure of what to use, I know people use pc fans but will they be strong enough with a ruck fan sucking the life out of the tent ?

will be using soil, I was just thinking some regular organic soil ? with no ferts.

Fertilizers …. Have been a hard one for me to understand for some reason lol so was thinking of not bothering on my first grow.

Thinking of growing Lowryder Easy Ryder Autoflowering Feminised Seeds at £27 for 3 seeds.

Anyone recommend pot size for a autoflower ?

Anything ive missed ? please saaay !

Thanks for reading and would appreciate anyones help !

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,380 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Weeded uK View Post
    Hey everyone,

Long time lurker decided to make an account to see if I can build on all the knowledge ive been reading to finally start a grow ! would greatly appreciated the community’s help on seeing if ive got the right idea on things to buy and some questions along the way to get the show on the road !

RUCK Fan & Rhino Pro Filter With Standard Ducting - 4 inch (285m3) - £125

Dark Street DS60 II 60cm x 60cm x 140cm - £60

250 Watt CFL Grow Light System With 1 x Blue Lamp - £68 –

is it worth buying the RED spectrum ? if so that brings me to the thinking of why not just use both lights at once then I’ll be rocking 500w ? although would be more hefty on my electric !?
    if so that’s 1, 250W Maxibright CFL Lamp RED to add to the list which is an extra £45 !

intake fans ? unsure of what to use, I know people use pc fans but will they be strong enough with a ruck fan sucking the life out of the tent ?

will be using soil, I was just thinking some regular organic soil ? with no ferts.

Fertilizers …. Have been a hard one for me to understand for some reason lol so was thinking of not bothering on my first grow.

Thinking of growing Lowryder Easy Ryder Autoflowering Feminised Seeds at £27 for 3 seeds.

Anyone recommend pot size for a autoflower ?

Anything ive missed ? please saaay !

Thanks for reading and would appreciate anyones help !
    hey and welcome.

i think you have it pretty much nailed. you will need some sort of nutes my friend. as for intake i find in tents that if your outtake fan is strong enough just a small piece of ducting in the intake hole to keep it open is enough.
    dont go for the cfl's man if your spending the cash get a 250w HPS ballast/bulb/and reflector. much, much better results.

sod auto flowing seeds and just go 12/12 with fem seeds (plenty of diarys in the flowering from seed section).

this game is pretty easy but keep reading and learn as you go because im still learning and ive been growing almost 10 years now.

good luck, B1ack0ut

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mysteri0n For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times

Looks ok to me.
    I just reoplied on another build thread saying that no matter how experienced a grower, new spaces always require some tweaking.
    I would also look at HPS and not CFL's
    A 300W cfl will just give enough light for that tent, a 250W HPS will rock it.
    A fraction more heat but probably double the light.
    W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

L (26-08-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

but if you go for the hps mate id upgrade the fan and filter to the size up either 5in or 6 mate n youd only have to put another 30 bar for the 6in also 130 quid for a 4in is a bit steep

WanderinBloke Guest

I'll echo the sentiment re the extract fan, bigger is better for that space, particularly if you use hps. I'd go for a 5" Ruck and use passive intake.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,723 Times

Thanks

Thanks for your replys !

Im buying the gear from Green's as its a highly rated site, heard of alot of people getting scammed from other sites so dont mind paying a little bit more to guarantee my items lol

RUCK Fan & Rhino Pro Filter With Standard Ducting - 5 inch will cost me £130 so its only and extra 5 for 1 inch so might aswell and just keep the hole in the vent open for intake, hopfully this is strong enough to pull this off ?

Osram 250W Son-T-Plus - 33,000 Lumens - HPS - is going to cost me £18 along with a Compact Ballast 250W is £64 .... if im buying separately do the wires all come too ? getting confused looking at the website because i cant find a package with a hps bulb its saying all the reflectors are for HID ?

ill take alook at nutes then if their essential to use.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,723 Times

Hiya,
    Put this code in on greens

The second one down is all in one for £76.49

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L View Post
    Hiya,
    Put this code in on greens

The second one down is all in one for £76.49
    Sorry i could see this i just didnt realise Sunmaster Lamp was a HPS bulb i wont be able to get it this weekend so the non sale price is £84.99, Thanks for your help L.

Anyone else recommend Fem seeds to grow for a first timer ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Weeded uK For This Useful Post:

L (27-08-12)

Thanks

hey again, i think ive found a cheaper site thats easier to use and good reviews !

http://www.charlieshydro.co.uk/cgi-b...CTION=SHOWCART

hopefully that link shows you whats in the basket if not its a ..

5" Ruck Fan & Carbon Filter Kit

Secret Jardin DS60 Grow Tent

250w Maxibright Digilight Digital Light Complete Kit

6" 150mm Clip Fan

all for £242.34, is that a cracking start ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast