Thread: new seedlings

Thanks

Default new seedlings

hi all, ive just germed 3 mazar seeds they popped their roots in 2 days put into john inness seedling soil. put them in tent. since then 2 seem to be doing ok but 1 has failed to open its leaves & has stopped growing. the 3 seedlings have been in the same conditions so why would this 1 stop growing. i have a little propgator heater on but its still a only about 22/24 c not sure whats it drops to at night. got then covered with cut off plastic bottles for humidity. any ideas guys ???
    i know things fail sometimes just dont know what im doing wrong its the 2nd seedling to do this.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,084 Times

I wouldn't have the bottles over them cause it then makes condensation which you don't want on the leaves, take them off and get a fan blowing air around but not directly at them
    Hope this helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom10 For This Useful Post:

STEVSTER (07-09-12)

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

yeah you don't need any plastic bottles on them now as they have rooted ..Is the shell still attached to the top of the seedling?

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

hi up2nogood, long time no chat. no shell mate it was growing fine but has just stopped growing. i've put in a small fan & my humidifier to make conditions as they should be. been getting lazy so need to get back on track.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to STEVSTER For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (07-09-12)

Thanks

try and give them exactly what they would get on well drained, well aerated, warm and lit ground.