Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Root rot brown alge probem hopefully a cure

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,996 Times

Default Root rot brown alge probem hopefully a cure

Right here we go I tonight have found the worst case of root rot/ brown alge in my veg room system. I knew there where problems a few days ago but did not realise how bad until tonight.

I have been shouting the praises of bennifical bacteria for months now. Now I get my chance to put my money where my mouth is. Im going to hit this with a full cocktail of bennificial bacteria and fungus. This will be a good test for the theory.

i have fully flushed the system and put in clean water and neuts.

I have added a small spoon of Great white Mycorrhaize, for tonight I am going to give them 1ml/ltr cannazyme and 3 spoons of Hydrotops bactivator in there recomended mix. I'm also starting an ewc tea to consist of earth worm cast, molassus and great white.

I hope I prove all you disbeleivers wrong, I trust what I'm doing but I accept you can kick me in the ass later if im wrong. Whis me luck anyway because you never now you may also learn something new, to sort out this pest in hydro.

Peace GG

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03942.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	135295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03941.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	135296

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hannibal For This Useful Post:

chas (14-09-12), dynodave (30-09-12), Goodbuddy (10-09-12), Grandad (19-07-13), green grass (21-02-13), Lab Rat (26-07-13), Sonofdust (11-05-13), spoonofinsanity (15-01-13)

Icon Guest

Please dont take this the wrong way but.....
    Have you actually aimed to do this or have you let the root damage happen through your normal growing?
    If through your normal growing then its hardly a shop window for you to encourage further experimentation amongst other growers is it?

Im certainly not knocking any thing but I hope you see my point.

I have used various beneficials and also H2O2 cant say I have ever really had root rot to contend with so what I would say is make sure you pay attention to your grows and you should not have to contend with this.
    In these scenarios I recommend being Proactive not Reactive.

Terribly sorry for you if it was not intended but either way you will be losing a significant amount of yield if the plant actually survives at all.

Good Luck
    Icon

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Hannibal (10-09-12)

Thanks

I totaly see where your comming from Icon, I wont take it personaly because this is totaly the result of neglect. I have been too focused on a rebuild and let my plants go mental. in my veg system. I have been experiencing some problems with all my plants recently, which I have managed successfully to treat. If you get chance to have a look at my main thread you will see what I mean. These plants are the left overs, one is male so i haven't given them much attention. The idea of this thread is hopefully to sort these by the method I have learned from other people and bits I have put in myself. Its also a bit of a learning curve for me and damb fine experience even if I fail. I mean the thread to hopefully to benifit some of the other members on here who dont know much about bennificals. I also have a big bottle of H202 just in case.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hannibal For This Useful Post:

Sonofdust (11-05-13)

Icon Guest

I will take a look now but from what I have seen on here I would say its defo past recovery from adding H2O2 so if the beneficials do save it then its defo some thing that we could use if presented correctly.

ATB
    Icon

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Hannibal (11-09-12)

Thanks

Hi Icon I am not an expert here, or trying to prove a point, its just i see so many grows on here in hydro fail, I stick my oar in and say bennies, nobody listen they just grab the H202 and wanted to show some products which I feel will work. I just have a bit of faith in bennificials if used correctly. I have a perfect opportunety to show my way of sorting this out. If I fail I will have learned something too. I have a pretty tough job ahead of me, as I have never seen anything as bad before, its like the worst case senario. I just hope it does work and shows what i have seen on more than one occasion. When all else fails hit them with a good dose of bennies and hopefully they will sort it out. I dont discount cutting some of the crap away and a good sterilizing with H202 its just whatever it takes to sort it out really. But I'm going to show what happens with the bennies only first.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannibal For This Useful Post:

Icon Guest

Yes I completely understand I would defo be cutting alot of it out but in doing so you will need to cut the foliage back also to allow for this.
    I wish you the best of luck

Icon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Hannibal (11-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,640 Times

Good luck gg..
    They do look pretty done so im intersted to see if the bennies can save them..
    Be a shame to loose her..

All the best mate..
    Peace..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChuChu For This Useful Post:

Hannibal (11-09-12)

Thanks

Cheers ChuChu so am I, they dont really matter which is a good job really. I have put the thread up to see if I can bring them round. It might all come to nothing, but I dont think it will.

Thanks

I have been in my groom for the first time today only 8hrs after the first application, i am a bit supprised by the site I see, the plant that is badly effected is giving it hand in the air. Like nothing is wrong, its only when you lift the lid you see the damage. i will give it 48hrs with this treatment to see how its fares, I will probably remove the worst of the mess and try again with whats left. I will have a full EWC tea prepared by then, if its needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03946.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	135347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03945.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	135348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03944.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	135349

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hannibal For This Useful Post:

spoonofinsanity (15-01-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,495 Times

Wow, that's some ugly as roots! Any idea how they got to be so bad? High temps or what?

I'll be following this thread...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to -Smokey- For This Useful Post:

Hannibal (11-09-12)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast