Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 dark periods in 24 hours 6 hours on 6 off

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Default 2 dark periods in 24 hours 6 hours on 6 off

has anyone tried this method of growing , 6 hours on 6 off 6 on 6 off ? be interesting to see how they would respond to that and if they would finish a lot quicker

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,965 Times

I think it's been discussed already triggs, don't think it works as there isn't enough light to encourage a change.
    Same as 3 x 8hours.

(My 2p)alzy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alzy For This Useful Post:

Murdock (15-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

i read you alzy, makes sense now i think about it, cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,044 Times

Ive seen stuff on a broken cycle before, claims to shorten flowering of indicas, its 12-1 lighting is as follows: 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in growth state!, its strange im only only new to the concept but i can link you stuff if you pm me. i may be giving it ago soon to see what happens, just need to do my sativa run next
    Last edited by lil rasta; 17-09-12 at 02:24 PM.
    Take it easy out there
    mh vs hps lil rasta's experiment https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069367328
    New diary 2gpw is the target https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...will-have-2gpw
    Hydro trees may need help 1.536gpw https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ouble-doughnut
    12/12 ww x vortex for hillbilly https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069070774
    Finished 12/12 soil grow 1.365gpw, Hillbillys mt shasta+ dz's trifle:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069014713
    Finished multi strain soil grow, 1.225gpw: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rain-1st-diary

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lil rasta For This Useful Post:

chopper633 (25-11-12), hardon (17-09-12), Murdock (18-09-12), needsmust (05-12-12), Pc Plum `147` (19-12-12), Smokeypants (06-10-12)

Thanks

Check this out https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...370&do=discuss
    There could be a 4th convert to this vegging method!...... should be a few diaries up and running soon to see how effective it is?
    easy now! Steppa.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steppa For This Useful Post:

Bush Doctor (18-09-12), hardon (18-09-12), Murdock (18-09-12), needsmust (02-12-12), Pc Plum `147` (19-12-12), utaiowswift73 (03-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lil rasta View Post
    Ive seen stuff on a broken cycle before, claims to shorten flowering of indicas, its 12-1 lighting is as follows: 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in growth state!, its strange im only only new to the concept but i can link you stuff if you pm me. i may be giving it ago soon to see what happens, just need to do my sativa run next
    its called the gas lantern method, the hour of light between dark cylces, fools the plants hormones into staying in veg. easy on the leccy bill i guess but id be worried about stretch
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

dekay (17-09-12), Grandad (17-09-12), lil rasta (17-09-12), Murdock (18-09-12), needsmust (02-12-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

yea i'd think they'd stretch like a mofo too.
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grandad For This Useful Post:

Murdock (18-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lil rasta View Post
    I ran the Gas Lantern Routine (GLR) during my last grow and I was amazed at how well the plants grew. The nodes were tighter than anything I've ever seen before, the stretch seemed to be minimal and the ladies were always looked lush and green and healthy. I can also confirm that they did not flower whilst under the veg cycle.

I admit that my reasons for trying it was not to test its effectiveness as I had always been an 18/6 type of guy. I had my girls in a temporary box which leaked light like a fucker despite my best (half assed) attempts to seal it up. Being the lazy stoner that I am, I figured the less the lights were on, the less chance anyone had of spotting the grow. I done some research, stumbled upon this method, tried it and was blown away by the results.

I've since read dozens of articles and write ups on this method and I've personally come to the conclusion that this is a more effective veg cycle than 24/0 or 18/6. Steppa has kindly linked to the GLR Club above where I am (slowly) getting what information I have about this method posted in an attempt to have others try (and be amazed by) it.

There are a couple of GLR diaries currently in the grow section (Gheko and me so far with Steppa and a few others to follow shortly) which I'm hoping will prove the effectiveness of this method and maybe even bring about a growing revolution...

Get yourself signed up Rasta and give it a go - You will soon forget about all this 24/0 and 18/6 nonsense!

Cheers,
    Hardon

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to hardon For This Useful Post:

Baked_cookie (16-11-12), bbq (19-09-12), ButtyBach (23-11-12), chopper633 (25-11-12), Goodbuddy (18-09-12), Grandad (18-09-12), jumpon (18-09-12), lil rasta (18-09-12), Murdock (18-09-12), needsmust (02-12-12), Pc Plum `147` (20-12-12), Smokeypants (06-10-12), Stirruphead (22-07-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hardon View Post
    I ran the Gas Lantern Routine (GLR) during my last grow and I was amazed at how well the plants grew. The nodes were tighter than anything I've ever seen before, the stretch seemed to be minimal and the ladies were always looked lush and green and healthy. I can also confirm that they did not flower whilst under the veg cycle.

I admit that my reasons for trying it was not to test its effectiveness as I had always been an 18/6 type of guy. I had my girls in a temporary box which leaked light like a fucker despite my best (half assed) attempts to seal it up. Being the lazy stoner that I am, I figured the less the lights were on, the less chance anyone had of spotting the grow. I done some research, stumbled upon this method, tried it and was blown away by the results.

I've since read dozens of articles and write ups on this method and I've personally come to the conclusion that this is a more effective veg cycle than 24/0 or 18/6. Steppa has kindly linked to the GLR Club above where I am (slowly) getting what information I have about this method posted in an attempt to have others try (and be amazed by) it.

There are a couple of GLR diaries currently in the grow section (Gheko and me so far with Steppa and a few others to follow shortly) which I'm hoping will prove the effectiveness of this method and maybe even bring about a growing revolution...

Get yourself signed up Rasta and give it a go - You will soon forget about all this 24/0 and 18/6 nonsense!

Cheers,
    Hardon
    Wicked, i've just started with GLR with my new flowers, hopefully they will get through my spider mite epidemic. The mums went into this to save a money, but most of the mites have had them, so will join up and read on.

Cheers
    Been busy in life, sorry to have missed so much in the forum.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jumpon For This Useful Post:

hardon (18-09-12), Murdock (18-09-12), Steppa (18-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jumpon View Post
    Wicked, i've just started with GLR with my new flowers, hopefully they will get through my spider mite epidemic. The mums went into this to save a money, but most of the mites have had them, so will join up and read on.

Cheers
    That's the other great thing about this method - The money you save. Compared to 24/0, you are saving 11 hours of lamps on time a day. Over a four week veg period, you save 308 hours of lamps on time with better, healthier plants as a result. There is also the reduced heat signature to consider which is reassuring when your house gets a daily fly by by the chopper.

Get signed up, have a read and see what you make of it dude. If we can't replicate the results I had and prove all the research I've done, then this will have all been a massive waste of time. But I know this won't be the case...

Cheers,
    Hardon

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardon For This Useful Post:

Murdock (18-09-12), Sonofdust (17-03-13)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast