Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still got heat issues plz help

Thanks

Default Still got heat issues plz help

Hi all trying to start a cupboard grow origenly got a 600w hps 5" out take an filter with a 4 " intake an a couple of ossolating fans but my temps was in the 100s searched the net for help and decided my best option was to buy a cool tube. Got 1 but still getting temps around 94 after an hour or so. Tried all sort of crazy stuff t drop temps but with no luck . Was told on hear that my light was just to big for my cupboard so went to my local hydro shop who have told me there is not much difference in temps between 400w n 600w. So to get to the point was wondering if a 250w will produce suffishent light or will I need to throw in a couple of cfl in there as well my cupboard is approx 3ft w 3ft d 5 1/2 ft h any trying to grow 3 in there any help is appreashated

Thanks

There is defo a difference between 400w and 600w.
    My 600w was crazy heat and I put in a 400w and its been good since, think for one day I used 250w.
    As soon as its cooler im going bk to the 600W

Thanks

So would a 250 be to small

Thanks

Not necessarily but if you could use a 400w then you should.
    A cool tube dropped you to 94 and I think a 400w would drop you enough, however next summer you will prob need the 250w so get a dimmable ballast.
    I got one 400w to 250w with super lumens and it is a great bit of kit.
    I just keep my 400w bulb in and leave it in if i flick to 250w

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rickster For This Useful Post:

bbq (18-09-12), Smoky dan (18-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Bummer, you could run the cooltube on its own fan without a filter then hook up your filter with a different fan. The one thats got no resistance from the cool tube could be a cheap tt fan. Have you tried running lights on during the night?
    Been busy in life, sorry to have missed so much in the forum.

Thanks

Yh mate tried running at night no difference was thinking of running a 250w along side a couple of cfl thinking this will be loads cooler with the added bounse of it costing less to run just hope I can get it sorted soon as I was hopein for a christmas crop lol doing my nut in what sort of temps u think I could get away with also if any one knows what sort of yield to expect using these lights doing my brain in

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

How are all your ducting/fans set-up?
    Wheres your intake/ventiing from/to? (not the same space?)
    Bends?
    Leaks in the ducting?
    Tight Seals on the fans?
    Size of CF? in comparison with fan capacity
    TT fan, or RVK/Ruck?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smoky dan View Post
    Yh mate tried running at night no difference was thinking of running a 250w along side a couple of cfl thinking this will be loads cooler with the added bounse of it costing less to run just hope I can get it sorted soon as I was hopein for a christmas crop lol doing my nut in what sort of temps u think I could get away with also if any one knows what sort of yield to expect using these lights doing my brain in
    Get what you get, i'm just happy when i harvest so i cant really say on that. also i think a couple of cfl are cooler then one big one. if that makes sense. answer goodbuddy's q's for tecnical advise.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpon For This Useful Post:

Smoky dan (18-09-12)

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

It will be a constant battle using a 600W in a 3' x 3' space IMO mate, no matter how good your intake/extraction is.

I'd drop to a 400W or even a 250W if it were me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (18-09-12), Smoky dan (18-09-12)

Thanks

I have my cool air running from an open window down about a meter n half of ducting 1 bend coming in to the bottom of the room. Then filter in top corner leading to light with around 2ft of ducting then from light to fan with anther 1ft of ducting then out into my room with another 1 ft of ducting with 1 bend. 16" ossolating fan blowing directly at light and a 12" at the bottom of the room to circulate the incoming air hop that makes sense had a tuff time righting that after my end of wk j lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoky dan For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (18-09-12)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast