Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drugs Live: The Ecstasy Trial

Thanks

Question Drugs Live: The Ecstasy Trial

The channel 4 live TV show (Drugs Live: The Ecstasy Trial) The poll on the show indicated that over 90% of people do not think the law works. It also indicates that 40% of people think the law should be changed to make it legal the other 60% do not or are undecided. What are your views on the show and the topic? Also what do you guys think about the drug being used for scientific research?
    For any one that saw the show do you think they could of made it better?

i'm just curious of the views of the public on THCtalk.

Thanks.

VGG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to very green greenhouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever what we think about it. When they get learned opinions from thoroughly qualified & respectable Doctors & scientists (viz Prof Nutt) they ignore them (& in his case sack them from their job). So why would they listen to us 'plebs'?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ganesha For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21), Goodbuddy (28-09-12), Grandad (28-09-12), Grub (28-09-12), lil rasta (28-09-12), TIKTOK (28-09-12), twelve12 (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Funny how the only one to state the euphoria were not having an effect was the politician, even thought the brain scans and his gurning gave the game away. But he just had to stick to the dogmatic party line in blatant disregard of what was in front of him or what was happening to him

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Ganesha (28-09-12), GEORGE (04-05-21), Grandad (28-09-12), TIKTOK (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    Funny how the only one to state the euphoria were not having an effect was the politician, even thought the brain scans and his gurning gave the game away. But he just had to stick to the dogmatic party line in blatant disregard of what was in front of him or what was happening to him
    Was he a policitican then GB? I missed that bit as I came into the prog 20 mins late. My thoughts were: You're in denial you sad twat - are you completely devoid of emotions? "Q: Who would you like to be with right now? A: No-one really." Ha! What a prick. His life is obviously completely loveless.

Now finding out he's a politician it all makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Ganesha; 28-09-12 at 08:52 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ganesha For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21), Grandad (28-09-12), Hannibal (28-09-12), Mickey Pearce (28-09-12), psychocannanaut (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

I give up & its blatently obvious the the british public has absolutely no backbone, the public make a good little easilly manipulated bitch. we vote in little dickheads straight out of Eaton that has never seen the harshness of life & then wonder why things will never change for the little guy.

Open your eyes as long as we are putting Eaton raised little pansies in government that have had the school bogseat warmed for for them all their lives they wont give to fucks about you, me, your kids or my kids they couldnt give a fuck, quiker this country goes tits the better show me the riots i'll be there.

Frustrating as fuck

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21), lil rasta (28-09-12), twelve12 (28-09-12), _Whisperer (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Budmore View Post
    I give up & its blatently obvious the the british public has absolutely no backbone, the public make a good little easilly manipulated bitch. we vote in little dickheads straight out of Eaton that has never seen the harshness of life & then wonder why things will never change for the little guy.

Open your eyes as long as we are putting Eaton raised little pansies in government that have had the school bogseat warmed for for them all their lives they wont give to fucks about you, me, your kids or my kids they couldnt give a fuck, quiker this country goes tits the better show me the riots i'll be there.

Frustrating as fuck
    Huh, where that come from lol??? I watched it because I have a lot of respect for the good doctor nut, I particularly like how they have made the point about street shit being unsafe because you dont know whats in it, and that taking drugs in the right environment is the way to go if you are going to do them, as well as the hint to test small amounts of a drug first, these are things that we should teach our kids not just saying dont do that and leaving them to test things blindly. The programme cant really be slammed by the fuckwits in government or the other bunch of cunts either as it is backed up by science, and this culture of its okay to kill brain cells with the government sponsored dumbing down liquid but you cant take substances that do not match the ill effects that drink has on society as a whole can be questioned . Its about time we had responsible attitude towards drugs for our kids sake and this programme wont harm any debate about the use of them, and the long denial of how bad alcohol is compared to most drugs will be seen yet that is allowed. Okay some psychopathic soldier got angry but I reckon he spends most of his time angry, and it shows that some people probably shouldnt ever do any type of drug including alcohol, as I bet hes been in a few drunken fights. I hope they do cannabis next, and yay for the good Doctor.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

Budmore (28-09-12), GEORGE (04-05-21), Grandad (28-09-12), Grub (28-09-12), psychocannanaut (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

i think it was good, almost a fair debate on either side, i think there was abit of scaremongering but also the oppostie is true, neither i think were intentional but imo you cant have a serious topic like drug reclassification in a reality show type manor without it being glamourised by some.
    i wanna make a point, they say mdma pills are cut with inactive ingredients like "talc powder". which is true to an extent
    they dont whack shit like that in a pill to fool anyone, its whats called a binding agent
    usually something like microcrystalline cellulose and helps keep the pill in pill form and aid in a slow release when you digest the pill, then a mg searate to keep the pill hard as to not crumble in transport
    just grinds my gears when they say shit like that, as if all drug dealers are out to fuck your body up
    there are bad pills out there, containing shit like piperzine but thats due to prohibition and no regulation
    best way to test a pill if your out and about is by licking it (it will have that sweet bitter mdma taste ), if you got time then a regeants test will tell you the active ingredient

also dont agree witht he 85mg average content, netherlands/europe press pills always above 130mg and as high as 240mg, but ive got no means to prove them wrong. so what people take on the street could be alot stronger then there making out
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,044 Times

10 years ago this wouldnt ever of happened, finally drugs are becoming less of a taboo and people are actual discussing them with science rather than bullshit.
    Take it easy out there
    mh vs hps lil rasta's experiment https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069367328
    New diary 2gpw is the target https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...will-have-2gpw
    Hydro trees may need help 1.536gpw https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ouble-doughnut
    12/12 ww x vortex for hillbilly https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069070774
    Finished 12/12 soil grow 1.365gpw, Hillbillys mt shasta+ dz's trifle:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069014713
    Finished multi strain soil grow, 1.225gpw: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rain-1st-diary

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lil rasta For This Useful Post:

Budmore (28-09-12), dekay (28-09-12), GEORGE (04-05-21), Grandad (28-09-12), Grub (28-09-12), Hannibal (28-09-12), psychocannanaut (28-09-12), TIKTOK (28-09-12), twelve12 (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

they did mention in last nights show, that the decision to use mdma as a theraputic drug isnt down to the decision of government but of the medical councils, whether they see it as beneficial or not
    prof david nutt had written a while before the show, he wanted to do similar testing with mephedrone (meow meow)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,916 Times

MDMA has already been patented in 1913 and the patent expired meaning there are no exclusive rights to it so even if it was a scientifically proven wonder cure for certain conditions it will remain on the banned list unless they can find a way to "reproduce" it.

http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa980311.htm

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIKTOK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast