Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Res temps

Thanks

Default Res temps

Yeah hi, What would be the best NFT res temp with lights off?
    if you dont succeed at first "Give up Skydiving"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to toppbannana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-18)

Thanks

As a general rule, growth is hindered significantly when the temperature is lower than 20c

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbi3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-18), toppbannana (03-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,056 Times

i don't know about NFT but in dwc 18c is the best res temp as it is the best compromise between plant growth and DO . above 22c oxygen levels become severly depleted and above 24c there is a high risk of root rot/pythium.

i don't know where 20c came from but i try my hardest not to let my temps even get to 20c .

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-18), lil rasta (03-10-12), toppbannana (03-10-12)

Icon Guest

Yea defo 18 C

NFT tbh is not really that important I have rarely used a water heater even when growing in sheds in winter time and it doesnt matter too much.

More a question of the ambient temps as the roots are not really in the water apart from the bottom section which is no big deal.

The lower the temp the more DO can be held so its better to be low but even at 24 in nft you wont have issues.

ATB
    Icon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

toppbannana (03-10-12)

Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Herbi3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,056 Times

so herbi what your saying is that because a nutrient company tells you it should be 20c that we should believe like everything they say is the truth lol . ask 95% of hydro growers on this forum and many others and they will all tell you that 18c is the optimum temp for nutrient solution . If 18c supposedly slows down their growth then someone should tell the plants that as i didn't get any complaints from my 39oz aurora indica last grow or the 18oz plant the grow before and it hasn't slowed down the 2 6ft tall , 5ft wide monsters i have in my grow room atm . I go by what my plants show me not by what some nutrient company tells me .

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-18), toppbannana (03-10-12)

Icon Guest

LOLs you should not link to other sites like that mate and read those comments in my signature.

You simply googled that and put up the reply

That is not from your personal experience is it.
    I am talking from 60+ grows of cannabis plants in hydroponics not from google

I will let the OP decide what temps to use....

I would post on more threads but its often the case that someone has googlesperted it.

Also go and read all the diaries of people that have had issues with temps even at 24C UP2NG for one.

Personally I have tried and never had probs at 26C but thats in NFT not DWC others are in DWC (so there is a difference to bear in mind)
    I would still not recommend the 26 or any where near. In fact I would rather have 15C in NFT because it soon comes up to the ambient temperature as it hit the NFT table and I only use the pumps for 15 mins every 2-3 hours
    Sorry to shoot you down I dont mean to be nasty just straight talking, dont be offended

ATB
    Icon
    Last edited by Icon; 03-10-12 at 04:07 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

green grass (04-10-12), toppbannana (03-10-12), utaiowswift73 (03-10-12)

Thanks

The reason i asked the question was that my grow tent is in my loft and the temps outside starting to drop so are the temps in my loft, So far the temps in my res has not gone below 18C but i still have nearly 7 weeks left and i was wondering wether i would need a heater in the tank or that the temps of the tent would be sufficent to stop the res temps from droping below 15C. I dont really want to add a water heater unless i have, the less equipment running in my loft the better.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to toppbannana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-18)

Icon Guest

The most important thing to do is keep the Plants at no less then 15C so if you need to keep the ambient temps at 15C or above the water temps should not drop below that, if you follow me.

Lofts are the worst place to grow far better in a basement but not always an option. lofts are too hot in summer and too cold in winter. Try to have your lights on at night to compensate for the temps.
    but chances are a heater will be needed at some stage for the tent
    I usually just use a little fan heater with a thermostat so it only kicks in when it needs to, so saving you money

ATB
    Icon

Thanks

Thats how i running, Lights on at night and off through the day. So far temps have been ok but i know from last autum/winter it was friggin brass monkeys up in that loft. I think that the small fan heater with thermo is good idea. Thanks for the info

19. The Following User Says Thank You to toppbannana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast