Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UVB/Cannabis science report

Thanks

So you used repti glo 10.0 also?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetra For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfunk2009 View Post
    PURple is excellent at the end of the flower cycle - UV light is needed to fully fill the glandular trichomes of basil. Plants of Ocimum basilicum L. were grown in the absence of UV light, both peltate and capitate glandular trichomes were incompletely developed in both mature and developing leaves, the oil sacs being wrinkled and only partially filled, there was a large decrease in the number of broken oil sacs among the peltate glands as the mature glands broke open, releasing volatiles. the number of glands and the qualitative & quantitative composition of the volatiles were badly affected by the lack of UV light.
    That seems to be some really good bulbs, noticed the nlite superHPS also, better spectrum and stuff. But i dont think these lights emitt enough UV to be effective, not compared to what Lydon used in his research anyhow. So i still think it would be a good idea to supplement with some good strong UV as mentioned in my first post in this thread

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetra For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrahydrocanna View Post
    So you used repti glo 10.0 also?
    Not sure if this was directed at me but yes, after a great deal of online research and investigation, like yourself, I did settle on the repti glo 10.0s

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Not sure if this was directed at me but yes, after a great deal of online research and investigation, like yourself, I did settle on the repti glo 10.0s
    Yes, aimed at you :P Glad to hear that! How much wattage of these CFL reptiglo's did u use? Did you notice some undoubtable positive effects from this treatment? Interresting to hear the results from someone trying this out!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetra For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Thanks

would 1 of these be ok for side lighting

Home > Reptile Lighting > Aquatic Lamps >

Zoo Med Reef Sun 50/50 18in (15W), RL-18

Our Reef Sun bulb has a 50/50 combination of 6500K trichromatic daylight phosphor and actinic 420 phosphor in the same lamp. It provides high intensity full spectrum illumination, strong in the short wavelength blue region essential for photosynthetic corals and invertebrates. Zoo Med's Reef Sun bulb is balanced with 6500K daylight for natural color enhancement and viewing pleasure. Ideal for all marine aquariums, reef aquariums, African cichlids, and discus fish. Zoo Med's line of fluorescent aquarium lamps are made in Europe for ultra high quality, color, and longer burn life. Our energy saving T-8 sizes can save you up to $30.00 per year in electricity over the thicker T-12 size lamps!

LOOK MEAN NOW UPUT HIM IN THE RING AND HE SHITS HIM SELF POKE HIM WITH A STICK AND U WACH HIS BALLS GROW (BRICK TOP)

MY OUT DOOR DIARY TAKE A BUCHERS
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ead.php?t=9594

OUTDOOR- INDOOR GROW WHITE RHINO X CHEESE 2010
    [url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?23778-singal-white-rhino-x-cheese-garden-grow-(uk)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to THOMAS CHONG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Thanks

I have only used two 26w bulbs in a space 1m wide by 80cm depth for 4 - 6 plants, the bulbs are moved around in rotation to ensure all plants get a fair share.

As for the effectiveness I can't say for certain as I haven't been able to do a controlled experiment with cuttings, they were used on last grow which was a strain I hadn't tried before, Nirvanas K2. That was by far the most potent I have produced thus far but it can't be assumed it was down to the UVB bulbs, K2 is an old strain that often gets (undeservedly) overlooked with all the new temptingly named strains with grandiose descriptions coming out. It has a well deserved good rep for strength and quality buds, the yield of large frosty dense easy to trim tops was excellent, with very little effort or fuss

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOMBONG View Post

Home > Reptile Lighting > Aquatic Lamps >

Our Reef Sun bulb has a 50/50 combination of 6500K trichromatic daylight phosphor and actinic 420 phosphor in the same lamp. It provides high intensity full spectrum illumination, strong in the short wavelength blue region essential for photosynthetic corals and invertebrates. Zoo Med's Reef Sun bulb is balanced with 6500K daylight for natural color enhancement and viewing pleasure. Ideal for all marine aquariums, reef aquariums, African cichlids, and discus fish. Zoo Med's line of fluorescent aquarium lamps are made in Europe for ultra high quality, color, and longer burn life. Our energy saving T-8 sizes can save you up to $30.00 per year in electricity over the thicker T-12 size lamps!
    That doesn't mention UVB, the type below is the one to go for if you want tubes rather than cfls.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20), The Solyom (09-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOMBONG View Post

Hello! Found a spectrum chart for those

Though very small pic it seems that they does not provide any usable UVB light (far left in spectrum). Better to go for a pure UV-B light, and the repti glo 10.0 is a cheap alternative that looks promising!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetra For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Thanks

If you can afford the leap in cost, the UVB from these penetrates better a greater distance than the Repti Glo tubes

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20), The Solyom (09-03-20)

Thanks

Got a tip from a friend on the forum about MegaRay UVB lamps from the states. Google it to find out more Seems to be interresting lamps. Mercury vapour.

Spectrum

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetra For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast