Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: saville row

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

Default saville row

These kids wouldn't speak out whilst Jimmy Saville was alive, so what's the difference now then.....now then....now then?

why has it taken so long to come out of the woodwork....surely it would have been better to see him suffer when he was alive?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carpetburn For This Useful Post:

glasgow grower (11-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

tbh i think alot of people are just jumping on the band waggon and see it as a bit of a money mker for them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rapid7 For This Useful Post:

psychocannanaut (11-10-12)

WanderinBloke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rapid7 View Post
    tbh i think alot of people are just jumping on the band waggon and see it as a bit of a money mker for them
    While that's entirely possible, there's an awful lot of smoke at the moment. I have little doubt that he was as dodgy as they come.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WanderinBloke For This Useful Post:

glasgow grower (11-10-12)

Jinx91 Guest

After analysing evidence over the previous few days (from what's actually available) I'm struggling to make a decision on the subject.

My issues with the case: Savile (having watched his interview with Louis Theroux) was certainly a shady character, he wouldn't hesitate to lie if the end result would be a larger ego. Savile was infamously known for not liking kids, however, he admitted to Theroux that this was merely tactic to avoid being in the "tabloids", who he incited, were out to get him as paedophile allegations have always followed Savile around. Savile demonstrated to Theroux that he could "get anything" - the first thing Savile showed Theroux when Theroux entered Savile's Leeds apartment (where Theroux stayed over with his camera team) was Theroux's home address - indeed, this was very intimidating for Theroux and perhaps Savile had gangland/mafia connections, this may have been known to some of the victims and it's reasonable to suggest this factor may have deterred witnesses from speaking out.

The witnesses don't have a motive to lie collectively, it seems far fetched, but not impossible, that all those accusing Savile of molesting them and witnessing alleged molestations had met up and planned a pre-meditated strategy to bring down Savile for monetary gain - this would seem pointless, though, it would have been better to do this when he were alive rather than dead if they were really after monetary gain for multiple reasons.

I could write an essay on what I think about this subject but for me, the most chilling aspect and part of this was when Savile defended the actions of Gary Glitter by saying he merely watched "dodgy films" in the comfort of his own home - this happened only a couple of years before Savile's death, it sure seems as if Glitter had done no wrong in Savile's eyes...

It will be a mystery unless some "hard" evidence comes to light but this case certainly has stained Savile.

Jinx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jinx91 For This Useful Post:

Ganesha (11-10-12), psychocannanaut (11-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

highlight the facts and lay the whole story to rest i say
    if you really wanted justice then you would bring it up when he was alive, so he could be punished.
    i aint saying he is or isnt a peadophile, i havent done alot of looking into it. only what i hear

but imho its illogical to kick up about it now when the bloke is gone, if you was molested by this character
    you would want to make sure it didnt happen to anyone else aslong as the cunt lived, so why hold silence this whole time knowing there could be many more people/kids being abused in the same traumatic way it happened to them

maybe they felt intimidated, but i dont think out of all the witness' and victims none of them had the heart or courage to stand up to the man.
    well if the witness' kept quiet the whole time then shame on them
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

Rory Breaker (11-10-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staffbullterrier View Post
    These kids wouldn't speak out whilst Jimmy Saville was alive, so what's the difference now then.....now then....now then?

why has it taken so long to come out of the woodwork....surely it would have been better to see him suffer when he was alive?

He would of named to many important names if they went after him, people did come forward and 5 seperate police forces investigated him but it got supressed .. Do you wonder how a dj/tv presenter can mix with royalty and speak at political events ? Did you now Saville is leeds most elietist family? ,many were royals..

To quote jimmy.. "Im the éminence grise: the grey, shadowy figure in the background.”

The fact is child trafficking and peodo rings exist and there are many peodos who are at the top of our society, how would they be able to carry out their sick fantasys without creating suspicion? The entertainment industry is perfect for that , jimmy was the groomer ,the ''fix it'' man who will now take the fall.. The scary thing is there are probably lots more like him, do we trust the ol bill to properly investigate royals and elitists??

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 91181 For This Useful Post:

canine (03-11-12), carpetburn (11-10-12), Lil Sindigo (11-10-12), Mr ukthc (11-10-12), psychocannanaut (11-10-12)

Thanks

A few things about Jimmy Savile, a simple working-class DJ from a Leeds mining family

- He has both a Royal and Papal knighthood (Order of St. Gregory the Great)

- He is a Knights Hospitaller (also known as the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, Order of St. John, Knights of Malta, and Chevaliers of Malta)

- He's an "Esteemed Friend of Israel", according to his Wiki page, whatever that is

- In a June 08 interview with Esquire, Savile boasted of his closeness with Royalty and Prime Ministers

- How he gave marriage guidance to Prince Andrew at the behest of the Duke of Edinburgh

- How Princess Diana described him as "a mentor to Charles"

- How he addressed the Israeli cabinet, the Knesset, and told them that they'd "forgotten how to be Jewish"

- He shares his very unusual surname with West Yorkshire's most elite family. Leeds' coat-of-arms, which depicts three owls, is based on the Savile family crest and Sir William Savile, a royalist, was amazingly freed by Sir Thomas Fairfax (a high-ranking Mason) after losing a battle in Leeds during the Civil War. Officially, Jimmy is no relation

- There is an injunction in place against News International prohibiting them from publishing photos of Jimmy at Haute de la Garenne, the child abuse scandal home in Jersey

- In his own words, Jimmy is, "the éminence grise: the grey, shadowy figure in the background.”

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 91181 For This Useful Post:

psychocannanaut (11-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

Funny, isn't it? How so many people, including myself, are all saying: "Well, I always thought he was dodgy/a nonce.."

& yet when he died we all thought "Oh well, there goes a piece of history. He was a sad twat but he did SO much for charidee..."

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Default saville row

...sorry, I only looked at the title of the thread & thought it was about bespoke suits......I'll shut the door behind me.

TF
    Just remember, there is a big difference between kneeling down, & bending over.... Frank Zappa
    The Fringe scrogs 3 Pyramids

Auto big devil grow

Mnt Cook & watering spike scrog

Fringes cellar project

The Fringe does Bubblicious

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Fringe For This Useful Post:

CoCo MoNsTeR (18-10-12), DemonPigeon (14-11-12), marmalade dreams (12-10-12), psychocannanaut (12-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

i was in fort william in 98 doing a diving course and one of the lasses there mentioned jimmy saville being there and said he was a right perv, so it was,nt a massive hidden thing, i just thought yea yea, now i eat humble pie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast