Thread: HELP: AeroFlo watering cycle using jiffys

Thanks

Question HELP: AeroFlo watering cycle using jiffys

Hey,

How are you? Im fine, for now. I have tryed to find some info, but havent found one yet. Im on second week of flowering, using GH Flora series.

My question:
    I have AeroFlo20, im using jiffy with clay pebbles instead of rockwoll (more environmental). My irrigation cycle is 30min on and 30 min off. Is it too much? If someone have some kind of expirience with aeroflo using jiffys, i would appreciate, for sharing info. I think its overwatering. My plants leaves are started to curl down, not just from the tip of the leaf. I think i can get pic or two to show if needed.

Thank you.

Thanks

you can run the pump 24/7 mate. i completed an AF60 grow and never turned the pump off! keep the water above the bottom of the net pots and do everything you can to stop light getting in!! the light penetration is the biggest problem with the AFlos!! start using Great White micro fungus hoards sooner rather than later (or similar product) or you will get alge/slime.

post pics

there is loads of DO in the AF water so drooping might be something else...

Thanks

I have used GH Biofiltre and BioMagix (aka subculture). Sould it do the trick? Ill try find some way to cover the white tubes and net pots.

Doesn't roots drown if i raise the water level up to the bottom of the net pots? Or is there enough oxygen?

How do you use those water level tubes correct? Instruction said that keep water just below netpots, then when first roots are hangin in the water, lower tubes. And how do you keep those red spray things in feedint tubes correct? Coz i had some problems with those earlier.

Plants have "cured" themselves for now... well it's seems like it.
    I keep pH in range of 5.8 and 6.1.
    EC is 1.3+, because of my strain.
    Water temperature between 18-20C (64-68F).
    Water doesn't smell "fishy".

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

just got a small aeroflo system myself, the ten site version but have covered all but 4 sites with correx and aluminium tape.. also covered the end caps in tape as they are near enough see through!!! i only got the 50l res so am changing that for a 84l really useful box tomorrow which should sort out light ingress into the res... i nearly sent it back due to the light leaks all over the system, but really think they look great and from what i have seen you can grow some decent plants and veg time is quick, i mean out of this world quick lol

i have started off with the ghe flora series 3 part nutes, as i have heard these are really good in these type of systems.. but have growtech optimum and advanced ph perfect on standby just incase i get pissed off with this 3 part business lol

i know this is an old thread, but if anyone has any advice then i am all ears... at the moment i have my pumps on 3 mins every 15 and am going to change to 24/7 when the roots are out of the net pots...

peace.. IJ

Thanks

Not sure about the system your running but my roots hang in the air and the tray drains immediately through a 2" drain. No standing water to speak of. I turn sprayers on every 3-4 hours until roots are established out the net pots. Then they run all the time, i have no clue if this is the right way for Low pressure sprayers but have read that many commercial veggy grows do this. My first and last run did very well once I extended the spray times at first.