42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely Love It

18 42.86%
  • Absolutely Hate It

20 47.62%
  • Couldn't Care Either Way

4 9.52%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Harvesting and Manicuring : Love it or hate it ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Question Harvesting and Manicuring : Love it or hate it ?

I love harvest/chop time and can't really get why so many folks don't.

It's the final bit of work at the end of the grow, when you see what you've really got for all that attention and effort.

Positives are that you get a nice ball of finger hash to finish off proceedings with, a big bag of trim for hashing up, and oz's and oz's of stinky sticky buddage, and, unless you're perpetual a bit of stress relief as the leccy bills drop and the risks of getting busted with a tent full and no returns subside.

Negatives are : back ache, time (but a few hours after weeks and weeks is nowt surely ) and general stink if not manicuring in the tent.

How come so many people don't like it

So, a straw poll to see who are the harvesting haters and who are the harvesting lovers out there.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

psychocannanaut (24-10-12), smokymcpot (24-10-12)

Thanks

i cant choose any option.
    i love it when its time and ive been at it 20mins,after that i hate it lol
    i have nerve damage in my lower back which is alot to take without having to sit hunched over a bush for 5 hours but enough of the wife lol
    Last edited by smokymcpot; 24-10-12 at 03:19 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smokymcpot For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (24-10-12), Mo Lodders (24-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

If I could trust some one to come to mine and do it for cash, I would! The first plant or 2 is ok, I like getting them looking all prim and tidy

but after the 3rd or 4th it gets pretty frustrating that I can't do it faster! Then I just want to skin up!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (24-10-12), LBN (24-10-12), Skunky. (06-11-12)

Sheila Guest

I hate it with a passion because I find it as mentally stimulating as watching paint dry.
    It makes my back, arms and hands hurt from sitting so long.
    I also hate getting the resin on my hands but I hate rubber gloves more.

I hate it so much I considered calling a friend and telling them they could have my last plant if they would trim it...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sheila For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (24-10-12), Skunky. (06-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Well, after the first 30 years of manicuring it's just starting to get a little tedious!

And it's my 40th anniversary of growing and I want a Trimpro!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

ChuChu (24-10-12), Dabber (15-11-12), Goodbuddy (24-10-12), honest john (24-10-12), Skunky. (06-11-12)

Thanks

The first hour is good but after that its a nightmare, especially when it cums to the last plant lol that last plant never gets a propa trim

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infamous Farmer For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (24-10-12)

Mr-Lover Guest

I Harvested Yesterday For a Good 3 an Half Hours Straight Last Night, Today i Feel Drained.. Its Not That i Dont Enjoy it Its Just Hard Work and Seems To Be Ever Lasting lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr-Lover For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (24-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

i never grow more then 2 plants, well no more then 2 big plants. so i normally enjoy the trimming, getting all sticky and smelly and i normally have a zoot burning while i trim and take a quick break for a few tokes. i can see why if you've got a big harvest *like a cashcrop* then it would be long, hard, tedious work rather then a labour of lurrvve
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (24-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,794 Times

Im still new to the growing game so I love it and I am fascinated at every bud I trim I smell,feel,look at the big ones with my scope and study how they form and try to learn from the plant. Then I smoke the shit out of it!! haha I am sure once I have done it a few times I will still love the studying and smelling and smoking but the trimming will get old real fast i already hate how it hurts my fingers (but i got a nice set of friskars so not too bad) I only do 2 plants at a time though, some of you guys have to be worn out and sick of it after 1 grow.Can you imagine how long Hillbilly has to sit there choppin away? I can almost see him in a room with a samurai sword trying to battle some of his monsters.We are talking carpal tunnel city.
    My first Stealthbox Grow: White Widow and mystery strain free seeds https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ry-first-Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...WWxVortex-Comp

Grow #2 HashPassion x LoveTrain,POGK, and OrangeHaze StealthBox CFLs:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069151587

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Boss For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (24-10-12)

Master Poet Guest

Harvesting for me is a pain, and I do mean pain. Sitting there hunched over a plant does my back no good at all, I usually take lots of breaks.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (24-10-12), honest john (24-10-12)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast