Thread: 4" or 5" fan

stephen07 Guest

Default 4" or 5" fan

Right I think I have everything covered now , going for a secret jardin dr90 tent and a 400w hps light with digital ballast maxi light . Just not sure about fan and filter , would it be worth the extra £20 to go for a 5" fan and filter or just keep with the 4" option . I'm having the groom in my garage so want it to be as quiet as possible . Thanks for any help I'm gonna start shopping tonight while the wife watches xfactor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stephen07 View Post
    Right I think I have everything covered now , going for a secret jardin dr90 tent and a 400w hps light with digital ballast maxi light . Just not sure about fan and filter , would it be worth the extra £20 to go for a 5" fan and filter or just keep with the 4" option . I'm having the groom in my garage so want it to be as quiet as possible . Thanks for any help I'm gonna start shopping tonight while the wife watches xfactor
    definately the 5inch, from experiance in a small room like that temps can get really high i would probably wanna try and get the 6 or 7 inch mate, i have a 1.2x1.2x2.0 with a 600w dual and the temps are way to high so investing in a bigger fan, which mean i would have bought two. try and get the best equipment availible rather than the cheaper option of everything cause you will only regret it! like me lol

Thanks

just had to look up your tent on ebay mate, personally i would look up the models on the Growell website, and having them foil lined is a bit misleeding, they tend to reflect everywhere except where you want it, also i would have started with a 250 watt first, lot of heat in those tents, and do go for the 5 inch extractor if you can

stephen07 Guest

Haven't bought it yet , would you think a 250 w light will be ok in a dr90 tent (size 90cm x 90cm x 1.6 m ) thanks again

Broon_Troot Guest

It will be fine mate, i run a 250hps in a dr60 tent with a 4" TT inline fan for extraction and the temps are fine. i would still go with the 5" fan though for the summer months

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by stephen07 View Post
    Haven't bought it yet , would you think a 250 w light will be ok in a dr90 tent (size 90cm x 90cm x 1.6 m )
    A 90 cm x 90 cm space (0.81 m²) lit by a a 250 Watt HPS would be somewhat under-illuminated.

400 Watts is about right in there. You could probably even squeeze in 600 Watts, but it would be right up at the very bright and hot end of things and would need careful planning and management.

Have a look at the 'Lamp Outputs and Coverage' link in my sig to get an idea of what size lamp fits what size space (and vice versa).

stephen07 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scobie View Post
    It will be fine mate, i run a 250hps in a dr60 tent with a 4" TT inline fan for extraction and the temps are fine. i would still go with the 5" fan though for the summer months
    Don't plan on growing in the summer months , hope to get 2 in b4 my holiday then leave it till next September time I don't smoke alot so only need to produce about 6 to 8 oz a year

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stephen07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

I use a 5" with my 400w hps and during the autumn its great in summer sometimes I get temp probs

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

ye you want the 5in ram mate it moves more than the ruck and its cheaper