Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: defoliation increasing yeilds?? any body else seen this??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,102 Times

Lightbulb defoliation increasing yeilds?? any body else seen this??

( Not sure the link was ok so asking other Mods till then it's deleted )

any body else seen this. whats your views on the technique... ive heard alot of people sayin not to take any leaves some people like too...

any views on this? peace peeps
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 31-10-12 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Don't think like is ok to post.
    PiKiT-PaKiT-FiReItUp

JAck/BlUeS Grow 2 plus 4 12/12 from seed - DONEWITH

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,399 Times

poet started a thread on here on exactly the same subject.. have a searcch and you will find it mate
    current grow - a quick run of Power Plant in mapito by Rory B

"How is it that your fucking stupid soon-to-be-dead friends thought they might be able to steal my cannabis and then sell it back to me? Is this a declaration of war? Is this some white cunt's joke that black cunts don't get? 'Cause Im not fucking laughing Ni-ko-las!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rory Breaker For This Useful Post:

Mrpukka (31-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Hillbilly Guest

I really don't think that link will be oked to post.. but a friend's wife defoliated a plant this fall like that and the buds where 1/2 or less in size as it's sister clone and not as much resin, turned a really nice plant into a, well a shitty plant. They got told it would help but sure didn't I was just glad I got them to stop before they did the other one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

dekay (01-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,794 Times

I dont think all the stress would help but I do believe in taking some leaves to open up the bud sites to more light and do it all the time myself.So I guess its all in how you take it.I do know that the buds get energy from the leaves in flower so cutting them all off doesnt seem like a great idea.
    My first Stealthbox Grow: White Widow and mystery strain free seeds https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ry-first-Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...WWxVortex-Comp

Grow #2 HashPassion x LoveTrain,POGK, and OrangeHaze StealthBox CFLs:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069151587

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Boss For This Useful Post:

GreenThumbRob (31-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,102 Times

found other post! get rid of myn if needs be ..sooorrry!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

Too much defoliation will slow your plant right down, while the right amount will boost your yield

I'm a defoliator, always will be, you need to guide the plants energy to the places where it will be best used

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Pothead For This Useful Post:

DelBoy (08-11-12), Grandad (31-10-12), GreenThumbRob (31-10-12), Mrpukka (01-11-12)

Thanks

Me to Ph1. There are people who swear against it and those that swear by it. I have had amazing results defoliating my plants but only by taking off the larger fan leaves and others that are blocking out crucial light to the inside of the plants. Inside I have doubled my yield in he past by doing this and found that it has made a vast difference for me outdoors as well. When it comes down to it I always tell people to take risks into their own hands and use what works for them. I definitely wouldn't strip all the leaves from the plants unless I was harvesting. Even the. I leave some of the smallest leaves on until they are dry and ready to be clipped.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreenThumbRob For This Useful Post:

Grandad (31-10-12), Mindless (31-10-12), Mr Pothead (31-10-12), Trailslayer (31-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GreenThumbRob View Post
    Me to Ph1. There are people who swear against it and those that swear by it. I have had amazing results defoliating my plants but only by taking off the larger fan leaves and others that are blocking out crucial light to the inside of the plants. Inside I have doubled my yield in he past by doing this and found that it has made a vast difference for me outdoors as well. When it comes down to it I always tell people to take risks into their own hands and use what works for them. I definitely wouldn't strip all the leaves from the plants unless I was harvesting. Even the. I leave some of the smallest leaves on until they are dry and ready to be clipped.
    That's exactly what I do mate, I defoliate from start to finish, I remove the main (first fans) during veg to maximise the potential of the small sites hiding underneath it, as you said perfectly, it is a yield booster but only if you do it right

Throughout flower I defoliate by the room humidity reading aswell, if it gets too high then remove a few of the fans inside the bush that overlap with each other and the rh drops, little things make a big difference don't they

Tbh I don't think I could just leave a plant to do its thing without touching it, would kill me knowing I could be pulling a lot more my way

Bottom line
    Defoliation is the way forward

Peace

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Pothead For This Useful Post:

DelBoy (08-11-12), THE DUDE ABIDES (31-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Default Re: defoliation increasing yeilds?? any body else seen this??

I've just done this on a much larger plant after it having what I would say much better result than usual.

I've worked my way from the top to clear up sites at the bottom of it to get more light to it. And I've lollipopped the bottom part too...

However, there are still a lot of fan leaves on it towards the bottom. Here it is. I did it three days ago.

It looks okay to me but I'd love a second opinion from the learned eyes of THC Talk.

TRF

TheRealFeanor is my name: And Canna is my nation: Cyber space is my dwelling place: The stars my destination

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealFeanor For This Useful Post:

Mr Pothead (31-10-12)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast