Thread: rick simpsons oil / hemp oil / cannabis oil - alternative extraction?!?

Thanks

Question rick simpsons oil / hemp oil / cannabis oil - alternative extraction?!?

hi,

as you've prob seen in my last posts i'm growing cannabis to make cannabis oil to cure a family members cancer...

...i've been looking at alternative ways to extract to oil, in the video 'run from the cure' he uses isopropyl and evaporates it in a rice cooker, i've been looking at how people make iso hash and they just let the iso sit in the room and it evaporates and i can't see how there's any difference between the iso hash and cannabis oil.

they just take the dry bud, wash it in the iso, filter it and let it evaporate, so is this method ok & safe if i was to make hemp oil for a family member and was rick simpson's discovery so big considering people basically already used this method to make oil just not for medical purposes?

also he washes the bud with iso for 2-3 minutes, everyone making iso hash seems to let it soak for days, is this necessary? i thought the iso would just strip the thc almost immediately...and just the bud have to be dry/cured as i want to get the oil to them asap don't really want to dry & cure for 2 weeks...

thanks for any help / advice.

WanderinBloke Guest

In Run from the Cure, Simpson uses Naphtha, not Iso, iirc.

He only mixes for 3 minutes because longer than that and youre stripping away even more plant material, which you dont want as it's reducing potency of the end product. Thatll be the diff between the oil and hash; the hash will have a lot more plant material in it.

Dry bud works best, but don't worry about curing as youll be decarboxylating the oil anyway.

Hope this helps dude.

Thanks

Is there a distributor of Ricks hemp oil in the UK?
    A friend of mine has not long been diagnosed with bowl & lung cancer , they have given her 1-4 yrs!
    Would love to get my hands on some for her
    Any advice would be appreciated , thanks .......

WanderinBloke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darrens View Post
    Is there a distributor of Ricks hemp oil in the UK?
    A friend of mine has not long been diagnosed with bowl & lung cancer , they have given her 1-4 yrs!
    Would love to get my hands on some for her
    Any advice would be appreciated , thanks .......
    The best way to obtain it is to grow the weed and make the oil yourself bud. You can learn how to grow the weed here and even how to make the oil.

Good luck and fire away with any q's

jimmi420 Guest

I just wash mine in isopopyl for a few mins filter it and evaporate on a george formby grill

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

GnattyDread Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    george formby grill
    Formby?lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GnattyDread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

i believe the method the op describes would be impossible with the amount you need to treat cancer rick says 60 grams,with natural evaporation it would take about 6 months to make!having got your first oil made with no mishaps(no sparking up!!!)you will wonder why you didnt do it before!i done my first iso run 2 weeks ago and im a div if i can do it and not blow up then anyone can!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

Darrens (27-03-13)

Thanks

I haven't got the hight to grow what would be needed to amass 60gms of pure oil, would I be right in saying I'm going to need 20 odd Ounces of bud before I start?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

i think in the rick simpson video he says a pound of hemp buds which is 16oz if my memory aint failed! you can make good oil from leaves and trim,if you know any local cashcroppers you could beg them for the trim,they will burn it mostly,i have been lucky and made oil from trim to treat my partner,that works and was mostly leaf and popcorn bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrens View Post
    I haven't got the hight to grow what would be needed to amass 60gms of pure oil, would I be right in saying I'm going to need 20 odd Ounces of bud before I start?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

Darrens (28-03-13)

Thanks

Thanks duke, appreciate that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Darrens For This Useful Post:

Duke1 (28-03-13)