buy vapors

Thread: Laws regarding loud music/noise ???

Thanks

Question Laws regarding loud music/noise ???

Hello all,

Firstly i know its a bit off topic due to the nature of the forum, but i was just interested if anyone out there know a bit about the laws regarding playingloud music/noise disturbance in the UK. Today i received a letter through the post from my local council, open it up and it says at least one f my neighbours has complained about "loud and persistent music" coming from my address.
    I know exactly who it was, the old bloke next door who has been knocking on my door a few times since i moved in about music. Thing is i dont play my music "loud", well not in my opinion anyway. I know the bass is a bit heavy sometimes ( I like to listen to a bit of old school reggae when getting baked ) but its not like im running a nightclub. I have always been lead to believe that it is my right to play music relitively loud up to 11pm at night, but by this time im usually in bed so my music is off and the bloke has been round to complain as early as 7pm before !
    Am i correct or is he ? I just dont want him keep reporting me to the council and then having the po po turn up on my door, nosing around, and uncovering my grow.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated,,

Cheers guys,,,

Bubbakush123
    Anything i post on here (advice, pictures and text) are merely hypothetical and should not be taken seriously. I do not condone nor take part in any illegal activities or connected with the cultivation or trade of marijuana. Nobody should listen to anything i post on this forum.

http://http://www.thctalk.com/cannab...n-Critical-___

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 639 Posts

Default Laws regarding loud music/noise ???

Wether there is laws on it or not, just turn it down cause the bloke sounds to be a right do gooder and once they've got a bee on their bonnet they will persist it till they are satisfied.
    A similar guy lives near me, he constantly jumps around on the pavement telling me to slow down as I go past (it's a 30 and I do 30) but he just doesn't like the way I drive, so much so he reported me and I've been pulled over twice now entering my own driveway!
    Better to be safe than sorry mate.
    - Tom
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?101620-Tom-s-Barneys-Farm-Blue-CHeese-Scrog-Round-2 >>> Current

Barney's Farm Blue Cheese diary completed >>> http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...e-Cheese-scrog

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom10 For This Useful Post:

bubbakush123 (09-11-12)

Thanks

Cheers mate it looks like i'll just have to keep it down, its a bit off a piss take really because all my life iv had the pleasure of living next to/near noisy neighbours, but as soon as i put my music on my doorbell starts ringing. Its like im 16 again living with my parents, constantly treading on egg shells worrying if im going to piss him off and end up getting another letter through the post,, lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 639 Posts

Default Laws regarding loud music/noise ???

I know the feeling mate, I used to blare my music when i was a youngster and my old man would tell any fucker to get lost if they moaned, but now I'm the one that has to take the flack

Thanks

Yeah completely understand lol if i didnt have a grow on the go, i more than likely would just ignore him and the council, but i cant afford to have old bill sniffing round the joint for whatever reason, i know once they get there foot in the door they are like magpies looking for anything illegal...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbakush123 For This Useful Post:

Tom10 (09-11-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,087 Times in 1,400 Posts

buy a cheap drum kit n give the old fucker something to moan about for a few weeks, he will be glad to here music again after that stint lmfao

Thanks

hhahaha i did feel like printing off some info from the tinternet saying i can play music up until 11pm and put it through his door but cant be bothered with petty arguments getting me ratted out lol

Thanks

well tbh u are growing at home why would you want to do something like loud music to attract attention to your place anyway? to the extent of an official letter through the door.
    You should be doing everything you can not to attract attention and if that means not playing loud music... well its a no brainer really.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Automatic Fanatic For This Useful Post:

Hipster2U (11-03-13)

Thanks

Turn it down!
    Why should anyone else be subjected to your music.
    Music is music to the person playing it but a fucking torture for people that don't want to listen to it.

On a seperate note why do people playing really loud music open their windows, at home or in the car?

If I lived next door it wouldn't have been a letter falling on your doorstep.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weenis For This Useful Post:

Grub (12-11-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,151 Posts

But some decent headphones or turn It down - big eared cunt could cause you more trouble of you get busted.

I'd write a letter back to council to complain that he is being unreasonable and that you never play music at night - but you will pay more attention to volume levels in future...

Kiss ass so no inspections!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Bimble For This Useful Post:

bubbakush123 (12-11-12)

Tetris Champion! Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,147 Times in 6,320 Posts

With more and more people working around the clock or doing continental shifts, the 11pm 'curfew' is a thing of the past.
    I've always worked nights so for me the daytime is my 'night' and after a hard nights graft the last thing I want to hear when I get home in the morning is BOOM BOOM BOOM coming through the walls from the neighbours shite.

You're lucky you have a neighbour who goes through the correct channels to get some peace... Many wouldn't.

Get some decent headphones mate... you can listen to music as loud as you like then and nobody can or will complain.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Mr Pothead (10-03-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,533 Times in 2,266 Posts

i use to work on 24/7 shift rota it was annoying to have a neighbors that didn't understand this or respect it as he never worked.

i find it disrespectful putting up with some one else's music. its disgraceful that some people do not have the courtesy or respect towards other people. think about it if you were in his shoes

on a side note that boy got sorted nicely :$
    Last edited by C21H30O2; 13-11-12 at 10:13 PM.
    1st. Paradise - Opium -Complete-
    2nd. Paradise - Jacky White -Flower-
    3rd. Paradise - Bella Donna -Veg-
    4th. Paradise - Spoetnik#1 -Seedling-
    5th. Paradise - Lucid Bolt -coming soon-

Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,705 Posts

FTN!!! Fuck the neighbours.... Volume ++ Bass ++
    No turn left unstoned..
    ''The problem with pH is that very, very few people have the equipment or wet laboratory skills to measure pH correctly. In hydro, you can achieve "good enough" with common sense and basic meters. But soil pH is an entirely different ballgame. Hydrogen ions attach to soil particles and cannot be removed by simply passing water over the soil''.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

bubbakush123 (30-11-12)

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 757 Posts

to be fair with you pal i was evicted from a flat for music blairin when i was out of the property and no one had access to it so the last 24 hours i crancked the vol and the bass to the max i when they came to complain i said u got me out of here tmoz so this is fuckin payback pigs came nockin n a friend of mine said its a privet party and he was performin he showed em the papers to prove he was a dj and the coppers couldent do shit, but id just turn it down best not to get heat on ya ass

First Grow: Big Bud and Bud Bomb (completed)
    Second Gow: Yoda Goes Bubblegum(completed)

Thanks

IMO this is completely dependent on frequency. My neighbour is an old fella and he smokes weed too! Anyway rarely I like to play my music loud so on the rare occasions I do, its fine my neighbours have no worries with that what so ever, and sometimes he will have a couple of his friends round and they will crank up some Elvis Presley, but like i said its very rare and when we do it to each other we dont take the piss and its not for hours and hours.

But say if you were being reasonable and its only rare /occasional, i'd say shit on his door step

Thanks

When you are doing illegal things, then you want to be invisible, and you certainly don't want to be a nuisance to your neighbors. Just common sense, man. You have no clue what they might do to make it "even" in their twisted minds. Why invite trouble? Get outside of your own head, man. Try to see your life as some disinterested stranger might see it. There's a freakin' tsunami about to crash on top of your head. That complaint is just the tip of the iceberg, Captain Titanic.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,873 Times in 8,221 Posts

If my neighbour was blasting music at 11pm id be looking to slap his face up for him

Consider yourself lucky you don't live next door to me

Seriously though mate, show some consideration for the people who have to live around you, it's not nice when you can't relax in your own home