Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laws regarding loud music/noise ???

Thanks

Question Laws regarding loud music/noise ???

Hello all,

Firstly i know its a bit off topic due to the nature of the forum, but i was just interested if anyone out there know a bit about the laws regarding playingloud music/noise disturbance in the UK. Today i received a letter through the post from my local council, open it up and it says at least one f my neighbours has complained about "loud and persistent music" coming from my address.
    I know exactly who it was, the old bloke next door who has been knocking on my door a few times since i moved in about music. Thing is i dont play my music "loud", well not in my opinion anyway. I know the bass is a bit heavy sometimes ( I like to listen to a bit of old school reggae when getting baked ) but its not like im running a nightclub. I have always been lead to believe that it is my right to play music relitively loud up to 11pm at night, but by this time im usually in bed so my music is off and the bloke has been round to complain as early as 7pm before !
    Am i correct or is he ? I just dont want him keep reporting me to the council and then having the po po turn up on my door, nosing around, and uncovering my grow.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated,,

Cheers guys,,,

Bubbakush123
    Anything i post on here (advice, pictures and text) are merely hypothetical and should not be taken seriously. I do not condone nor take part in any illegal activities or connected with the cultivation or trade of marijuana. Nobody should listen to anything i post on this forum.

http://https://www.thctalk.com/cannab...n-Critical-___

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,084 Times

Default Laws regarding loud music/noise ???

Wether there is laws on it or not, just turn it down cause the bloke sounds to be a right do gooder and once they've got a bee on their bonnet they will persist it till they are satisfied.
    A similar guy lives near me, he constantly jumps around on the pavement telling me to slow down as I go past (it's a 30 and I do 30) but he just doesn't like the way I drive, so much so he reported me and I've been pulled over twice now entering my own driveway!
    Better to be safe than sorry mate.
    - Tom
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?101620-Tom-s-Barneys-Farm-Blue-CHeese-Scrog-Round-2 >>> Current

Barney's Farm Blue Cheese diary completed >>> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...e-Cheese-scrog

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom10 For This Useful Post:

bubbakush123 (09-11-12)

Thanks

Cheers mate it looks like i'll just have to keep it down, its a bit off a piss take really because all my life iv had the pleasure of living next to/near noisy neighbours, but as soon as i put my music on my doorbell starts ringing. Its like im 16 again living with my parents, constantly treading on egg shells worrying if im going to piss him off and end up getting another letter through the post,, lol.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,084 Times

Default Laws regarding loud music/noise ???

I know the feeling mate, I used to blare my music when i was a youngster and my old man would tell any fucker to get lost if they moaned, but now I'm the one that has to take the flack

Thanks

Yeah completely understand lol if i didnt have a grow on the go, i more than likely would just ignore him and the council, but i cant afford to have old bill sniffing round the joint for whatever reason, i know once they get there foot in the door they are like magpies looking for anything illegal...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbakush123 For This Useful Post:

Tom10 (09-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,144 Times

buy a cheap drum kit n give the old fucker something to moan about for a few weeks, he will be glad to here music again after that stint lmfao

Thanks

hhahaha i did feel like printing off some info from the tinternet saying i can play music up until 11pm and put it through his door but cant be bothered with petty arguments getting me ratted out lol

Super Mario Mushroom Champion! Capture The Flag Champion!
    Thanks

well tbh u are growing at home why would you want to do something like loud music to attract attention to your place anyway? to the extent of an official letter through the door.
    You should be doing everything you can not to attract attention and if that means not playing loud music... well its a no brainer really.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Automatic Fanatic For This Useful Post:

Hipster2U (11-03-13)

Thanks

Turn it down!
    Why should anyone else be subjected to your music.
    Music is music to the person playing it but a fucking torture for people that don't want to listen to it.

On a seperate note why do people playing really loud music open their windows, at home or in the car?

If I lived next door it wouldn't have been a letter falling on your doorstep.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weenis For This Useful Post:

Grub (12-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

But some decent headphones or turn It down - big eared cunt could cause you more trouble of you get busted.

I'd write a letter back to council to complain that he is being unreasonable and that you never play music at night - but you will pay more attention to volume levels in future...

Kiss ass so no inspections!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Bimble For This Useful Post:

bubbakush123 (12-11-12)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast