Hello all,

Firstly i know its a bit off topic due to the nature of the forum, but i was just interested if anyone out there know a bit about the laws regarding playingloud music/noise disturbance in the UK. Today i received a letter through the post from my local council, open it up and it says at least one f my neighbours has complained about "loud and persistent music" coming from my address.
I know exactly who it was, the old bloke next door who has been knocking on my door a few times since i moved in about music. Thing is i dont play my music "loud", well not in my opinion anyway. I know the bass is a bit heavy sometimes ( I like to listen to a bit of old school reggae when getting baked ) but its not like im running a nightclub. I have always been lead to believe that it is my right to play music relitively loud up to 11pm at night, but by this time im usually in bed so my music is off and the bloke has been round to complain as early as 7pm before !
Am i correct or is he ? I just dont want him keep reporting me to the council and then having the po po turn up on my door, nosing around, and uncovering my grow.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated,,

Cheers guys,,,

Bubbakush123