Thread: White mold coating on clay pebbles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default White mold coating on clay pebbles

Sup fellow growers!

Was just checking my ladies and noticed that there was a coating of white mold over some of my clay pebbles.

Now I've got two 12.5 L buckets going.
    The other plant has no mold over the pebbles??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352685288.337338.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	151332

Here's how my roots look in that bucket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352685304.433995.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	151333

Should I be worrying? I've pointed a clip on fan underneath my scrog screen now blowing under and through the plants to help stale air from getting captured in the buckets.
    I'm BACK!!

- (1st Grow) HARVESTED -
    Bubblegum Kush Flood & Drain 4 Pod (7oz)

- (2nd Grow) HARVESTED -
    Big Buddha Cheese SCROG Flood & Drain 2 Pod (11oz)

- NEXT GROW -
    UNKNOWN (FOR NOW)

Thanks

It's not dried water/ nutes on the pebbles is it? When I top fed mine the pebbles looked like they had lime scale or something on em

Thanks

No mate it's a flood and drain so water comes from the bottom up but the water level only reaches half way up the bucket so the pebbles shouldn't be getting wet at the top.

Thanks

Default Re: White mold coating on clay pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by YumBubblegum View Post
    No mate it's a flood and drain so water comes from the bottom up but the water level only reaches half way up the bucket so the pebbles shouldn't be getting wet at the top.
    And is that how the instructions read? Allow bucket to half fill? Or do they NOT fill more? In swims setup he noticed if he only let half his medium get "soaked" the "dry" parts grew similar moulds! Swim combated this on his next grow, by fully submerging/covering his grow medium in his feed. Swim decided soil was his best shot from then on and ain't looked back since moulds is a funny critter huh:screwy::thumbdown: swim also didn't know if all he did, by covering all Peebles when watering, was flushed the moulds into the rez and out of sight? The yeild wasn't poor anyway. Tough little plants. Good luck

Sent by a naked baked elf called tapatalk 2

Thanks

There were no instructions mate,

I have always done it for 1 minute flood for the last grow as well.

I think it maybe just stagnant humid air in the bucket tops?? beacuse it was fine last grow all the way through!

What's best to get rid of it do you think? H202?

Thanks

Default Re: White mold coating on clay pebbles

Hi I'll leave that for others. Hope you manage to solve it though.

Sent by a naked baked elf called tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,044 Times

Do you have low temps and high humidity i tend to get this mold in my loft in winter
    Take it easy out there
    mh vs hps lil rasta's experiment https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069367328
    New diary 2gpw is the target https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...will-have-2gpw
    Hydro trees may need help 1.536gpw https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ouble-doughnut
    12/12 ww x vortex for hillbilly https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069070774
    Finished 12/12 soil grow 1.365gpw, Hillbillys mt shasta+ dz's trifle:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069014713
    Finished multi strain soil grow, 1.225gpw: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rain-1st-diary

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

Looks like salt build up to me...but if the pebbles don't get wet then I don't know, if you have ever top fed then ill stand by salt build up

Thanks

Sup rasta!

I have temps 29-30c lights on and 21-22c off humidity 40-50% and 35-40% lights on.

I think it was where the light go thorough the leaves and hit the pebbles.

I've now changed F&D times to 2 minutes which covers all the medium now so it's solved the problem and the plant are not complaining about the extra flooding lol.

Thanks

You might try putting some hydrogen peroxide in your resivour, this is very good for your roots and will deter molds aldo you might consider making cardbord or plastic lids and foil the top so.the hydroton does not see light this will work so good you will thank me! The peroxide keeps roots perly white and healthy,you will notice fast let me know the tank size and I will tell you how much peroxide
    good luck
    Last edited by LiQuid Sunshine; 19-11-12 at 10:33 AM.