Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Setting up RVK fan & rhino filter

Thanks

Default Re: Setting up RVK fan & rhino filter

Mate that piece looks like the sleeve for the carbon filter so ya don't suck up any bits of dust... Etc that may clog or mess your fan up. I'm guessing your filter now is bare metal with small ish holes?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCMcGEE For This Useful Post:

Tom10 (24-11-12), vapour (24-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,084 Times

Default Setting up RVK fan & rhino filter

Quote Originally Posted by Needs2slide View Post
    Mate that piece looks like the sleeve for the carbon filter so ya don't suck up any bits of dust... Etc that may clog or mess your fan up. I'm guessing your filter now is bare metal with small ish holes?
    Yeah it looks like that... Ahh so it fucking is, I remember looking at people's filters now and always having a foam around the edge.. My bad.
    As said I've never used a filter or any extraction system before! Good job I haven't started using it yet

Thanks - Tom
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?101620-Tom-s-Barneys-Farm-Blue-CHeese-Scrog-Round-2 >>> Current

Barney's Farm Blue Cheese diary completed >>> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...e-Cheese-scrog

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,116 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tom10 View Post
    Yeah it looks like that... Ahh so it fucking is, I remember looking at people's filters now and always having a foam around the edge.. My bad.
    As said I've never used a filter or any extraction system before! Good job I haven't started using it yet

Thanks - Tom

Its a protective sleeve for the carbon filter, it filters out any larger particles in the air, and any other nasties which will lower the life of your carbon filter, the sock extends its life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigami For This Useful Post:

Tom10 (24-11-12)

Thanks

There ya go, now get to using it! I

7. The Following User Says Thank You to THCMcGEE For This Useful Post:

Tom10 (25-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

it will have l and n inside the fan mate to wire it up

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rapid7 For This Useful Post:

Tom10 (25-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,726 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Needs2slide View Post
    There ya go, now get to using it! I
    Thank's for the info mate, but I have mine set up so that it blows out the filter, read somewhere on here it was ok to do that but this sleeve will be kinda pointless in my case.

However it seems sensible to have some protection from larger particles so I guess I better rethink my groom design.

cheers.

Thanks

I am currently doing the same, blowing out the filter with some smell leakage. But I am also blowing a lot more air through it than its rated for so just waiting to upgrade it when my current kalashnakovas are done in a few days.

Thanks

I've just got a fan as well and was like wtf wheres the wite found the panel just need a wire and plug!

Thanks

How noisy is it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2