Thread: Internet / phone cable

Thanks

Default Internet / phone cable

Can you get decent phone line cable in my master socket I get 7.66mbs Internet speed using a piece of a phone extension cable to my next socket I'm losing 1mbs and in the next socket I loose 5mbs so I have run a mains lighting cable from the master to my 1st slave socket and only lost a couple of kbps so it's down to the shitty thin phone line as the lighting wire is nice thick copper

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

It's always best to split the signals at the master socket if possible. Ideally, plug your router in to that, and then run CAT-5 or CAT-6 network cable from there as required.

I suggest you get BT NTE-2000 faceplate. They replace the standard NTE5 faceplate and present the telephone and ADSL signals on separate sockets, and also isolate other extensions from the ADSL signal.

Thanks

My dog ate the faceplate so iv just joined into a and b lol only got router hooked up to line cause dog ate the phone too lol little bastards

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digidy For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (28-11-12), tricone (28-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

If you don't have a microfilter then adding one of those will probably help quite a bit.

But those NTE-2000 faceplates are quite widely available to buy and you don't need a filter with them, so maybe now's the time to get one?

Talpa Guest

BT have always stated that the router should be plugged into the first socket where the cable comes in.

Thanks

Yeah don't have a micro filter anymore you can guess what happened to that iv moved my master socket into the front porch and our lass can't get signal on her side of the bed so I have run lighting cable from the porch to the hall where the 2nd socket is with the router in I'm happy with the speed with this cable but need to change it for proper cable as I don't think BT would like it lol