Thread: Marinol / nabinol and smoking

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Default Marinol / nabinol and smoking

Does anyone have any experience of taking marinol and smoking cannabis on top? The missus has just been prescribed marinol as an antiemetic and she smokes da 'erb. I'm assuming it will just get her more mashed; am just wondering if there is anything contraindicative? Ideally i'd grow her something suitable and I possibly will (it will mean a change of plans and some research on my part) but she can't wait that long. We're currently smoking the critical jack from my last grow but that's not a medical strain as far as i'm aware.

Master Poet Guest

Marinol is synthetic THC, personally I wouldnt touch it and think that the natural form is much healthier with all the other goodies that are in natural cannabis.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

Phineasfreek (07-12-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Default Re: Marinol / nabinol and smoking

Yer, I know what marinol is. And I know it's not as effective as herbal mj, which is partly the method of administration among other things. Ideally she wouldn't need it or I could dose her with a suitable homegrown medical strain but her emesis isn't controlled by standard antiemetics, and the vomiting is ulcerating her oesophagus, which longer term is going to lead to additional complications. So she hasn't the time to wait for another crop of something suitable and although she gets some benefit from the critical jack, that's not a medical strain.

All the advice I've read suggests you shouldn't mix marinol and herbal weed but that's drug company info. I'm looking for first hand experience from anyone who's tried doing both. I'm guessing the two will just have a cumulative effect - there's no pharmacological reason I can think of that would contraindicate the two, but ya never know...