Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: EC, ph & water levels. What they tell you and how to react.

Upton Guest

If you use bennies then let it sit for 24 hours otherwise don't bother

Also why isn't this a sticky??

with my katana amongst my plants, when the time is right they WILL be cut
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,175 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Upton View Post
    If you use bennies then let it sit for 24 hours otherwise don't bother

Also why isn't this a sticky??
    Did so with the great white and didn't seem to affect how the GW reacted in my bucket... Cleared up the algae and roots look white and healthy as shit... Maybe I don't have much chlorine in my tap...not sure but I haven't noticed it affecting anything
    "The greatest service which can be rendered to any country is to add a useful plant to its culture."- Thomas Jefferson
    Afghan, God Bud, Northern Light Blue Auto: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...(dwc-and-coco)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.GreenThumb420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-19)

Upton Guest

I thought it was common knowledge that chlorine kills the micro heard... maybe i'm wrong???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

Dr.GreenThumb420 (30-01-13)

Thanks

I thought it was common knowledge that chlorine kills the micro heard... maybe i'm wrong???
    No, you're probably right. I was just saying that's what I did with the product still doing its job... That being said, my stoner ass didn't even think of the chlorine killing it(which is why it's added to city water) so from now on I'll be letting water sit out with an airstone running in it

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.GreenThumb420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-19)

Upton Guest

You could also add some molasses to feed the heard now all the algae has gone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You could also add some molasses to feed the heard now all the algae has gone
    How much per gallon would one use? I'll pick some up at the store today... Is there a specific type of molasses?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.GreenThumb420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-19)

Upton Guest

Default Re: EC, ph & water levels. What they tell you and how to react.

I'm using 20ml of Meridian Organic Blackstrap Molasses (unsulphered), 3/4 of a cup of earth worm shit and a spoon of Great white to 10ltrs of water, which I bubble for 48 hours. I strain the mix through a filter to remove the crap and then add 500ml to my 30ltr system.

I've also been adding a squirt of liquid seaweed to the mix and have a sponge in the res to give the bennies a home.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Woody J View Post

Note 3.
    Nutrients flow around a well hydrated plant much more effectively and faster than one which isnt as well hydrated.
    How can growers use this?
    By feeding at lower levels, the plant needs to take on more water in order to get the nutrition it requires.
    So by feeding at moderate levels, this forces the plant to drink more.
    By drinking more, it is better hydrated, because it is better hydrated, it needs more food, making it eat more.
    So feed at moderate levels rather than overly aggressive levels.
    The method of pushing the EC until you see signs of nute burn is damaging to the plants and although many growers use this method, I am not a fan though your plants are not mine!
    I couldn't have said it better. If people took on board this one bit of information that plants dont need to be kept in high EC environments to thrive then there would be a lot more tasty smoke knocking about. Hat off to your excellent advice sir

15. The Following User Says Thank You to platinum_rouge For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-19)

Thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Humph For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,141 Times

Does this not work for RDWC when you are flooming ??

what would be the big difference ?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthgrow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-19)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast