Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solar Dehydrator (could be use to dry buds?)

Thanks

Solar heaters for greenhouses are made to keep high temps at night so temps dont drop to low because most plants are killed by frost.has that answered question ?.oh the other question the answer is WHEN YOU BURN IT IN ORDER TO SMOKE IT!
    and i only got funny because the the way you worded your comment.
    trying to make me sound like some fucking mug talking about things i dont know about or experienced myself.And i cant stand ***** takeing the piss and whats with changing the colour of the word solar?if its because i made a typo them didnt you notice the way i spelled whole(hole)?anything else you want to be a ***** about?
    Last edited by WTL; 28-04-09 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks

Solar driers work fine i use a home made one in the summer . It still takes weeks to dry but does not ruin the bud. My design metal sweeties tin painted black holes drilled in lid lined with paper. Fill with weed leave in the sun.

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by captainzep View Post
    Solar driers work fine i use a home made one in the summer . It still takes weeks to dry but does not ruin the bud. My design metal sweeties tin painted black holes drilled in lid lined with paper. Fill with weed leave in the sun.
    If it still takes weeks to dry, what is the advantage over traditional hanging in a dark room?

Thanks

hi captainzep is there any loss of odour or potency?
    and how come it takes weeks to dry mine dry at 7 days and thats in tent it was grown in with lights off temps are at 20c on average.surely they would be a lot higher in a black tin under direct sunlight?

Thanks

got to tell you im still very sceptical.
    definately will try it out for myself with a small amount of my next crop and see what the results are.i suppose its the only way to know for sure is to try it for myself.
    so i will reserve my comments for then.
    just sounds wrong to me when just about every grower ive talked to and watched and read books from tells me quick drying ruins weed when it comes to potency/smell/and the way it burns and tastes. plus what ive seen tasted in my own experience. but anyway ill give it a go and see for myself ok.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Quote Originally Posted by black.lung View Post
    Solar heaters for greenhouses are made to keep high temps at night so temps dont drop to low because most plants are killed by frost.has that answered question ?.oh the other question the answer is WHEN YOU BURN IT IN ORDER TO SMOKE IT!
    and i only got funny because the the way you worded your comment.
    trying to make me sound like some fucking mug talking about things i dont know about or experienced myself.And i cant stand ***** takeing the piss and whats with changing the colour of the word solar?if its because i made a typo them didnt you notice the way i spelled whole(hole)?anything else you want to be a twat about?
    There's plenty more I want to be a ***** about to be honest, but because I'm sure nobody else wants to hear it, I'll just leave it at that

The reason I worded my comment so satirically, was because of the way you just came in to a thread and slammed someone elses idea without a decent explanation of why.. That's all. This is a place for people to share knowledge, and if peolpe just jump in to threads and are all like "Nah, shit idea." without decent reasons why, then nobody's gonna listen to 'em. Or people'll start to flame them.. And that's how flamewars start. I believe it's loosely defined as 'trolling' if you're doing such things on an internet forum..

But it seems you've actually realised that it's polite to withhold your comments on things that you're not willing to share your 'years of experience' with us on, as now you want to try Hunter's method?

Anyway. I'm to high for hostility, I think the solar heater is a great idea, and it seems people who have actually had experience with it, have found it worked for them.. That's all I wanted to say.

Also, I know the point in a solar greenhouse heater is.. I don't recall asking cheers tho

Last edited by WTL; 28-04-09 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks

Exclamation

black.lung please watch your step on here as we WILL NOT have members insulting others when they are trying to help!

Thanks

i didnt insult someone that was trying to help i was insulting someone for making snippy comments .all i originaly said basicaly was that quick dryed weed smells and tastes like ordinary dryed plant matter and i think its a bad idea to basicaly put your weed in a solar oven and cooking it. so that it smells like grass and tastes like bonfire smoke.and ectox desided to be funny with me about it .but i dont see you pulling him up on his comments .i agree i shouldnt have risen to his bait but i did for this im sorry and i will just stick to the FACTS in future ok.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hunter View Post
    just and idea for quick drying.
    or maybe an outdoor grower
    or just a stoner thought!
    If i see anymore childishness ill close the thread

Thanks

If i see anymore childishness ill close the thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast