Thread: Welfare Check up - mites etc

Second star to the right & straight on ‘til morning
    Thanks

Default Welfare Check up - mites etc

Right, excuse pics as I dont have a steady hand at all today.
    I'm not really really worried as they are healthy, bar two plants which have some issues.

A few of them came with leaves looking like this:

But they have dropped off now.

Plant 1.
    She is looking alot better than yesterday but some of her top leaves are still looking rather shriveled, but bar this she is looking healthy, something to do with the light?

Close up of shriveled leaf:

Plant 2

She only has issues on one leaf as you can see. Now with the morphine and smoke I can't remember if she was the other to get some burn damage, because there was one baby with a really badly burnt leaf and another baby only slightly singed. Im presuming it can't be MG Def issues so early on, so its got to be one of two thing, burnage by light accident, or spider mite damage and i just want to make sure she isn't poorly. What do you lot think?

See look she does look healthy lol

Awwww..

Spider Mite Problem:

No visible Spider mites. Only spotted one the other day and then they got a blasting with the buzz off yesterday. Waiting for neem oil to come, I am following Diaper's advice and will be continuing to shower them in neem oil every 3 days until 2 weeks into flower (9 days till they go to flower)

"Rawwww you go girl......Show them men folk how its done!" - BomShiva.

ESB x MH , ESB & WW Grow Diary

Diaper Guest

They look fine Sweet.
    Those yellowed leaves that dropped of are nothing to worry about.
    The discolouration is nothing more than hot soil by the looks of it. What are you using? Just keep an eye on the mites, and keep them happy with regular waterings.

Thanks

Yeh these pics were from before their drink

I'm using westlands with added JI and also about 35% perlite.

Thankyou for the reassuring words

Diaper Guest

As always, you're more than welcome

I hate them little things so much after my battles with them, I'll do whatever I can to get one over on them wherever they may be!

Indeed it would seem to be your soil, again nothing to worry about. As they grow, they'll start to thrive on it

Thanks

yeah i wouldnt worry sinner your always gonna get a few leaves that fuck up, the plant will still photosynthesise what it can with that leaf so its not a total loss.

its a bit like airbrushing supermodels, you might be used to seein perfect plants but loads more plants may be a bit ugly or flawed.

if that makes any sense.

what i done to destroy mites was simmer some fags in a pan, and put a generous amount of tabassco sauce in. let it simmer for a bit more then pore it through a guaze into a plant sprayer/mister (otherwise the little bits of chilli wil clog up your mister) then just lace your plants with it. they cant tolerate chilli or nicotine. you might wanna put a painter mask on though as the chilli will give you a really tight chest.

id be surprised if that didnt rid them for good!!

Thanks

I would say looking at those leafs that there must of been some hot spots in the soil (chunks of extra food) that where not mixed in right when the soil was made. They should be ok and grow out of it as they get used to it. Just keep an eye on any other leafs to make sure they don't do the same.

There coming on a treat sweet.

Thanks

Ok.. so i can blame the soil people!
    Maybe thats why she gave it to me for £3 for 60l.. when it was meant to be an expensive choice of soil lol

They do look really healthy.. and they stink, so i do believe i am on top of the mite problem for now.. lets just hope it stays that way

Thanks for your input everyone..

And Bitter.. sod the fags and chilli, it will stink my house out!! LOL although maybe ill do that when it comes to cleaning the tent lol