Thread: harvesting time constraints

Thanks

Default harvesting time constraints

Hi guys,
    I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas / methods i could use to speed up maturation of my plant regardless of yield. I have 2 plants, 1 of which is nearly ready for harvest, the other is just at the stage where the tricomes begin to become visible so is not even close. I can only wait 1 more week maximum before i need to go home so am getting a bit worried about the prospects of my 2nd plant.
    This is my first grow and a opted for an autoflowering sativa if that makes any differeance.
    I started a 2 stage flush today to get rid of any built up salts etc and plan to flush another 2 times before next saturday.
    At the momment they are on 18/6 under 2x 125 watt cfls (1 red 1 blue). temp = 23-28degrees. humidity=36%
    Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Master Poet Guest

In a week there is nothing you can do, no controlling nature Im afraid.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

if there not even produced thrics yet mate id just fuck it off if you only got a week and the other use ripen not supose to taste to clever but finishes them off

Master Poet Guest

GHE Ripen will take at least a couple of weeks to turn them and makes the bud taste like crap, its full of salts and crap to make the plant think its on its last legs. I used it once, never again.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    GHE Ripen will take at least a couple of weeks to turn them and makes the bud taste like crap, its full of salts and crap to make the plant think its on its last legs. I used it once, never again.
    thought it was like a fast acting thing only other option is to chop them early and wen you say your going home i presume your travelling so id think very careful with wat your going to do with the bud

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Default Re: harvesting time constraints

As Poet says - you can force nature's hand.

However... I'm guessing if you're talking of going home you're maybe a student? So you'll be away a couple of weeks? How far is home from your grow and could you get back to it once maybe in the interim? Your plant's water needs will be less under CFL so you could drench her before you go, leave her until you can get back in a week or so and give her another drench and then see what you return to in the New Year. Obviously that depends on whether you can get back and how much that plant means to you... as in is it worth your while returning to water her or do you write her off as experience and plan ahead next time...

If your second plant is no where close then you still have several weeks to go - how old are they? Did you make a note of when they germinated? Growing under CFL you can throw the breeder's estimations of seed to harvest out the window and add a good ten days or more onto the schedule for starters.

So if you have another week before going home, you could spend that time looking into setting up an automated watering system. Obviously, both options will mean leaving your gal while you're away, which is risky on several levels - a fire risk for one, detection another. But if you've no other option then it's that or chop early, risking an immature harvest with all that that will bring you...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

i'd sooner stick a nail through the stem then use ripen

but as said, you'd best loose hope for the one lagging behind. not particularly salvagable at all- id say at best you could turn her into hash but it wont be an enjoyable smoke if she is this early
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

Thanks

thanks for all the thoughts. I reckon i will try and harvest the plant that is almost ready net week. As for the other one, I could possibly get a friend to come and water it twice a week until i return. Not sure if the landlord will find out bit of a risk. or maybe i could move it to his house. would it survive without adequate lighting until the new year?