Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Male plants, can I make hash out of it?

Thanks

Default Male plants, can I make hash out of it?

Hi,

My 2 plants are a week and half into flowering, at the moment it looks like Iv got 1 male and 1 female, although Im still not 100% sure.

If it turns out 1 of them is male, can I make hash out of them or something?

Im sure I remember reading ages ago that you can use the males to make hash with, but I cant find the thread now.

any advice much appreciated.

btw, I only ask cos Iv got no smoke, and I really dont feel like paying £10 for 3 shitty joints from 1 of my shitty dealers today. Also, the plant I think is male (a white widow), seems to have more cystals on its leaves than the other (female) plant which is an unknown bag seed.

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

Yo your male is going to flower quicker and more agressively then the females... It may already be to late I don;t know forsure but that wee male is going to nutt all over that pretty female's pollun receptors and your gonna have 1 male and one less then sensimea smoke and be disappointed over all bro....

If you were asking cause the bastard is crystally and your going to remove it and wanted to make hash instead of throwing away, I would say go for it, males do develope trichomes as females (for apparently uvb protection). However... and I have only receintly learned this and it may be wrong so I am interested in passer bys opinions too.... but.... the clear trichs are mostly compostited by THCA the inactive acid form of THC, light is processed through the head of the trichrom and the resulting magnifacation creates heat which causes the thca to catylist convert to thc the active part we all want. when this catylist recaction occurs it turns milky white to block uvb radiation. Once the THC starts to degrade or die or degenerate it turns an amber colour for what I would imagine is a light filtering stage.

So I guess in a long winded way I am saying check those trichs before but if you have no smoke then hash that fucker up and see if it gets you high... The buzz on the net says you can do it no problem.

Thanks

^^^ You have to flower the fucker to get any results worth the effort and as you say the pollen will ruin the female

Accept it, it's a male and of no use to you and can easily be a liability

Wait until your indoor grow of big fat flowers suddenly gets pollinated by a male growing outdoors somewhere ..... as happened to me last September
    Praise the Lord, pass the bullets, we will be Free

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

Word... All hail the dr of bush

Thanks

Thanks for info guys, I was worried about keeping the male and female together, but I read somewhere that theres only a small chance of pollination within the 1st 3 weeks of flowering so I thought it would be safe for a little while.

I know you guys know ur stuff tho, and the last thing I wanna do is ruin the female, so Iv moved the male to a different room, its under a spare 250w blue cfl for now. Im gonna keep it growing for a couple more days until Im 100% sure its male, then I guess Ill kill it and save some electric.

I would put some pics of it up, so you could tell me whether its male or not, but my digi cam is useless, I cant get any decent pics of the growth with it.

Cheers guys.

Thanks

ive made oil using my male plants..its attainable...

Thanks

male pollen is for breading not smoking it tastes like shit and does nothing lol
    GINGERS ROCK

Thanks

Thanks for the info everyone, I will kill it off once Im sure its a male, no point growing it if its going to taste like shit and not get me stoned.

Is it possible for a regular non feminised seed to turn into a hermie? cos it kinda looks like its got hairs and balls.

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

Yeah the plant has a genetic trait within it's gene's that when stressed or grown from the wrong seed will turn hermie. But yes definatly possible for it to turn hermie.. Get some pics up if you can and we'll help you... You may have some options ahead of you instead of just death for it if it is hermie man...

The plant wants to pass on it's gene's its the nature of our world... it is the mythical meaning of life... to reproduce... so in extreme conditions it can mutate it's gene to produce both sexual organs and self replicate to hopefully pass on it's genes in another generation.

I am sure glad that when I am stressed a vagina doesn't pop out of my forehead... LOL
    Last edited by X_Hoody-Frankz_X; 09-03-09 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X_Hoody-Frankz_X View Post
    I am sure glad that when I am stressed a vagina doesn't pop out of my forehead... LOL
    LMAO

Thanks for the info Hoody-Frankz, the white widow has defenatly got hairs now, on one of the the tallest stems, I can clearly see a calyx with 2 white hairs coming out of it.

The little growths that I thought were pollen sacks, now look like little flowers, there still very small and hard to see properly. Some of these little flowers also have small white hairs coming out of them.

So I think it might be a female after all, or a hermi.

I still cant get hold of a decent camera tho, but im pretty sure now neither of my plants are male.

Iv put the WW back under my 600w hps now.
    Last edited by skunkby; 09-03-09 at 02:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast