Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing light cycle

paul333 Guest

Exclamation Changing light cycle

Morning all.

I need to change my light cycle so they come on at night (make use of economy 7) but at the moment my plants are on 12/12 from 7am - 7pm. Do I just bring it back by an hour a day or can I do more than an hour? My plants are in their 2nd week of flowering so I really don't want to stress them out (fem seeds). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not an expert, but I'd say do it hour by hour rather in one go. it would prob mean less stress.
    anyone else?
    My name is Michael Caine, and I, am a pirate killer.

Thanks

2nd week .... not a good time really as they are just trying to settle into the circadian rhythm you have given them

When I have had to do it I gave them a 36 hr dark cycle and they turned out OK, less stress ....

If you do it hour by hour you'll need to lengthen the light to give 13/11, if you shorten the light they'll think Fall is coming and may default to males or hermies

Decent feminised seeds don't have any predisposition to go hermie any more than 'regular' seeds, I've found I either get very similar pheno's (Mandala) or wildly varying ones (Greenhouse)

As this is your first grow and it's all settling down after a few 'incidents', you would be gutted if they did go wrong, even if it wasn't your fault ..... lesson learned, always flower at night, warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer .... and Economy 7

Leave 'em be

Bush
    Praise the Lord, pass the bullets, we will be Free

Thanks

Yeah I'd leave em be mate. I'm doing 11am-11pm and wouldn't mind switching things around but it's my first grow and I'd be gutted if it messed things up.

What's this Economy 7 all about, be usfull to know next grow?

paul333 Guest

Economy 7 with Eon means electric is a fifth of the price between 23.30 and 08.30. My last bill was £340 for a quarter and I can only put this down to my 400wHPS.

paul333 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Dr View Post
    2nd week .... not a good time really as they are just trying to settle into the circadian rhythm you have given them

When I have had to do it I gave them a 36 hr dark cycle and they turned out OK, less stress ....

If you do it hour by hour you'll need to lengthen the light to give 13/11, if you shorten the light they'll think Fall is coming and may default to males or hermies

Decent feminised seeds don't have any predisposition to go hermie any more than 'regular' seeds, I've found I either get very similar pheno's (Mandala) or wildly varying ones (Greenhouse)

As this is your first grow and it's all settling down after a few 'incidents', you would be gutted if they did go wrong, even if it wasn't your fault ..... lesson learned, always flower at night, warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer .... and Economy 7

Leave 'em be

Bush
    I'll leave them be then. cheers for your advice.

Thanks

I wanna talk about 13 hrs on 11 off. Is it better, if so why doesnt everyone do it. What are the benifits, i heard it can speed things up.
    DISCLAIMER!
    None of this is real.........I suffer from cannabis induced psychosis. Anything that is said by me in these forumns is for entertainment reasons only. I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws. Anything said by my username or any other username coming from this IP ADDRESS is bollocks........................... ps i dont live at the same place this IP originates from i hacked someones wpa password so dont go busting down some poor persons door It would be such a shock.

Thanks

I have just switch to 13/11 as my 12/12 from seed has really been dragging on I hope my plants like it. A question about economy 7, how do you get it .

paul333 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by captainzep View Post
    I have just switch to 13/11 as my 12/12 from seed has really been dragging on I hope my plants like it. A question about economy 7, how do you get it .
    I think most if not all electricity companies have different tarrifs. Just ring them up mate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Dr View Post

Leave 'em be

Bush
    Sorry Bush Dr, not to be pedantic, but if you want to change the light cycle hour by hour, you would need to do 13/12, 13/11 wouldn't allow you to change the cycle at all.

Which leads me on to my question, how will 13/12 affect the plant?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast